35. Birthday Party

Arabella was having a crisis and Giovanni wasn't helping.

He was laying on her bed, his arms behind his head as he watched her completely demolish her closet, bed and floor. She was looking for something to wear, and whenever she showed Giovanni a dress, he would say: "That's fine, baby."

That wasn't enough for her. She groaned and threw the dress to the ground, spinning on her heel back to face her closet.

"What's your mum's favourite colour?"

"Pink, I guess,"

"You're not helping!" Arabella whined. "Besides, I don't have a pink dress." She mumbled, running her hands through her hair, observing her closet from afar.

"Baby, anything you wear, she'll love," He said, standing from the bed, "And we're late, so you have to decide on something,"

Arabella groaned, "Can't you just pick something out? Please?"

Giovanni sighed, approaching her closet. Arabella sat on her bed, fiddling with her fingers. Giovanni paged through her selection of dresses before he pulled out a yellow dress, holding it out to her.

"No, it washes me out,"

He frowned before chucking it to the side, going back to her closet. He then pulled out a short, white dress with a slit on the side, the silky fabric glinting under the fluorescent lights.

"This, put this on,"

She opened her mouth to protest, but Giovanni held up his hand, "No, no arguing. You'll wear this or go naked,"

She laughed, "Naked? You can't be serious,"

Giovanni's face fell, and he narrowed his eyes, "Look at my face and tell me I'm not being serious, Arabella,"

She bit on her bottom lip, holding back her laugh as she stood, taking the dress from him. She hurriedly slipped of her vest and sweatpants, slipping the dress on. She smoothed it down and looked up at Giovanni, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"God, you're a fucking angel. I can't wait to rip that off of you tonight,"

She smiled, satisfied with his reaction. She messily scooped up the dresses and threw them in her closet, Giovanni looking at her, holding back laughter. She clumsily stepped into a pair of wedged heals with white straps, matching the dress.

"Can we go now?"

"No, I have to do my makeup,"

Giovanni rolled his eyes, through his head back, "Oh, mio Dio," He breathed, running his hands through his hair. She laughed, "Go smoke whilst you wait, I won't be long,"

Giovanni hummed, taking his pack of cigarettes from his pocket, "Fine," He grumbled, making his way out of her bedroom.

Ten minutes later, Arabella came out of her bedroom. Giovanni turned upon hearing her soft thuds against the floor, and his lips parted, his eyes wide as he looked at her.

The dress fitted her perfectly, her skin looked tanner than usual against the white fabric. It came to just above her knee, the slit not going up too high.

She had a light blue bag with her and she crouched, bidding her cats a quick goodbye before she stood, looking up at Giovanni.

"Shall we?" She said, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear. The man still looked like a deer in headlights, but he flicked his cigarette out of the window and made his way towards her, his dress shoes tapping loudly against the wood flooring as he made his way to her kitchen, taking his suit jacket from the island.