36. Ambushed

"Dare I say you look breathtaking in your dress?"

Arabella smiled at Enzo, bowing her head slightly, "Thank you, Enzo. I like your suit," She said, tilting her glass to him. Enzo shrugged, "It was Giovanni's originally, he passed it on to me when he grew out of it,"

"Giovanni has good taste, I see,"

"He does. In all things,"

Enzo shot her a playful wink before he turned, walking past Giovanni as he made his way to his Sun. She smiled at him, "Are you all right?" She asked, noticing his clenched jaw. He nodded, "I am. Are you?"

"Mostly all right, people have just been looking at me weird,"

Giovanni's eyes narrowed, "Who? I'll deal with them,"

Arabella shook her head quickly, her smile widening, "No! Giovanni, you can't shoot people just because they look at me,"

Giovanni chuckled, "I can shoot anyone for anything, Arabella." The girl rolled her eyes, looking away from him and observing the group. He smirked playfully at her, taking a sip from his glass. Enzo then made his way back to the pair, his face pulled into anger.

He leaned towards Giovanni, whispering in his ear. The taller man tsked, taking his whiskey in one gulp down his throat. His face was emotionless as usual as he asked, "Who the fuck invited her?"

"She's here with an American, boss."

Giovanni's lips tilted up into a grin. He turned to Arabella, noting her confused face. He pressed a kiss to her lips, "Business," He said as he pulled away. Then, he followed behind Enzo, lighting a cigarette in the process.

She sighed, taking a few large gulps from her vodka. It was when she felt a presence next to her that she turned.

It was a girl. An incredibly beautiful girl. With long, curly black hair to just above her backside, eye makeup dark, making her grey eyes pop. She smiled at Arabella, "He's always off doing something, isn't he? Never has time for anything else,"

Arabella frowned, and the girl smiled at her, "Forgive me, my name is Bianca Armani,"

Arabella's brows shot up, and she accepted her outstretched hand. "You're the sister, I assume?"

"Sadly, yes,"

Arabella smiled widely, "Arabella Jones, pleased to finally meet you." She said, shaking her hand momentarily. Bianca smiled, "Oh, I know. Giovanni called me a few days ago, rambling on and on about you, I told him I had to meet you as soon as possible. I must say, you're much prettier than he explained,"

Arabella blushed, "You're very kind. Forgive me, Giovanni didn't tell me much about you,"

"That's all right," She smiled, her American accent clear, "He's always been secretive. I work in the States as a publisher, and that over there," She pointed to a redhead standing next to her mother, smiling widely, "Is my girlfriend of six years,"

"Six years? That sounds like a lifetime. How old were you two when you met?"

"She was twenty- one, I was twenty,"

Arabella smiled, nodding slowly. Then Bianca turned to her, facing her now, "I should tell you, Arabella. My brother is my bestfriend so I'm allowed to say this, but he's incredibly stupid. He'll try to push you away, deem you too fragile to be in this life, but I can see that you are not. Maybe even stronger than him."