6:

DAMIAN P.O.V

I was working in my cabin peacefully when I heard commotion outside. What is it? I dialled the intercom, Jenifer didn't answer. This hasn't happened before. Where is she? And what is this noise about?

To look up, I went out to find my assistant Jenifer hugging a guy. Who the hell is he?
Her back was facing me so I could clearly see the guy. He was well dressed, good looking guy but why is he here? He is definitely not my employee. Who the fuck is he? And why is she hugging him?

"Jenifer Martin!!!" My voice boomed.

She quickly broke the hug but the smile didn't leave her face. She looked at me with confusion. I went towards them to have a nice talk.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked looking dead serious in her eyes.

"He is my........" I didn't let her finish.

I'm not blind. I know who he must be.

"I don't pay you to hug your boyfriend during office hours. Isn't it clear Ms. Martin?"

"Mr. Wilson, you are getting it wrong. He just......."

"Shut up. Come to my cabin this instant." I said and left from there.

The moment I entered my cabin an uneasy feeling rooted inside me. Why was I so bothered about her boyfriend?
Of course because she was wasting time during office hours.

Oh please Damian? My inner voice chided.

Jenifer is a very beautiful woman I admit. She is best at her work that's it. There is nothing more than that. I tell this to myself.

"What was that?" Jenifer asked the moment she came in.

"I should be the one who must ask you the same question." I said not looking at her, checking something in my laptop.

"Mr. Wilson, the guy outside is Samuel Martin. Martin. My older brother for god's sake. And I wasn't wasting time as you claim it. He was here for a meeting with the marketing head Mr. Carnez. We didn't meet for a month. He just came to me to surprise me. And you had to blast on me. I was just telling him that you aren't that bad but you came and yelled at me for all the wrong reason." She said it all in one breath.

Damn it!

"He is your brother?!" I said.

"Wow! You only heard that much. You are so infuriating!!"

I didn't say anything for a couple of minutes. But then I have to say this.

"Look I'm sorry. Okay?"

She didn't say anything too for few minutes intently looking at me.

"Alright. Is there any work for me to do? It is past my work time already." She said folding her hands at her chest.

"No, you may leave."

"Night Mr. Wilson." She said and left.

She was clearly annoyed because of me.

JENIFER'S P.O.V

Such a jerk he is. How can he assume that Sam is my boyfriend?! And even if he was what's the matter with him? He is just my boss.

On the other note, Sam just came to meet me in office because he couldn't stay here any long as he had a meeting back in LA.
I wanted to talk so much to him. I wanted to show him the apartment but alas, god had some other plans. But Sam has promised that he would come by next month so that's a good thing.

I was now living in my apartment and not with Nats and Carter. I was happy that I could rent an apartment with my own earned money. I always wanted to work but Caleb always told me not to work and like a stupid girl in love I used to agree to him.

Anyways I'm just going to head home now!

DAMIAN'S P.O.V

How much more stupidity should I showcase in front of my assistant?! That guy was her freaking brother and I the great Damian Wilson assumed him to be her boyfriend. Wow just wow.

And I don't even know from where my jealous side just came out? Why was I jealous? Jenifer is just my assistant. She is my employee and I'm her boss. That's it.

Tsk tsk!This inner voice has to stop!!

*****************
Hi beauties. Hope you are doing well. And I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. If you did please vote comment and follow me.

Publish date: 18/05/21

See you,
A.