18:

JENIFER P.O.V

It was next Monday I was sipping my coffee at office. If you are wondering was Damian back? The answer is no. He isn't back yet. He told me he would come by Friday but today i.e Monday he still isn't here. And yes how much I didn't want to miss him, honestly I did miss him last week. I used to work whole day in office. I was busy entirely but still something was missing. I could feel it.

Damian's yelling, Damian's smirk, Damian's "I need Jenifer coffee", Damian's "Bring me this file right now, it felt so different without him in the office.

And last but certainly not the least, the fact that he kissed me was going in my mind everyday every minute. I know I should forget about it but I can't. There has to be some reason why he kissed me. Be it lust, but something has to be there.

Suddenly I remembered I had to take Expenses file from Damian's cabin and give it to Natasha. I got up and went in his cabin.

I went towards the file shelve and was searching for it. I really need to rearrange this shelf today itself. It was really messy.
I didn't know when someone came in the cabin, stood just behind me.

"Good morning." The familiar, deep, husky voice was heard. He actually whispered in my ears. So imagine he was that close. No prize for guessing, electric current was passed through my body.

Damian Wilson, why do you always do this to me?

I turned around to find him gazing at me. My back was touched to the shelf. He was standing so close, actually he had caged me between his hands on the shelf.

"You are back!" I smiled genuinely.

"I am. Did you miss me?" The amusement flickered in his eyes.

"What?" I just muttered.

"I asked how was work in my absence?" He was still standing close.

I'm sure this is not what he asked earlier. He asked me did I miss him?

Jerk.

"It was great. All your employees fear you so much that even when you weren't here, they worked well." I said without stuttering amid he was standing so close.

"Good. I'm proud of myself for that."

"Are we going to talk like this the whole day?" I said motioning so little space between us.

"I kinda don't have any problem. But I also need to work with my laptop so, will have to move. I hope you don't mind." He gave a teasing smile. He was enjoying this.

"Absolutely not Mr. Wilson." I said to irk him. And it did irk him.

"Jen, Damian it is."

"Oops, I forgot. You know you weren't there for a week. I tend to forget it."

"Did you just forget my name or did you even forget me?" He whispered this in my right ear. That means our cheeks were touching each other. His one hand on my waist and other on the shelf. My both hands clutching his coat for my dear life.

"Jen!! I think you should........" Natasha barged in the cabin.

Oh no! Damian and I are in such a awkward, indecent position.

Her eyes widened to a extent where I could literally see her eyeballs popping out.

"Oh my god! I-im so sorry Mr. Wilson. I'm really sorry." She turned around quickly.

Damian shook his head and went over to his chair and sat. I went and stood a little far from the book shelf.

"You don't have basic manners to knock your boss's cabin Natasha?" Damian roared.

Natasha turned around and looked at me for help, but I looked at her with pity. Right now I can't do much.

"I'm sorry Mr. Wilson. I didn't know you came back. I thought only Jen was in here. That's why..........."

"That's why you barged in like you own this company. You recently got promotion didn't you? I think I should........."

"Damian please. It was a innocent mistake by her and she said sorry. Don't be hard on her." I had to interject now. He may have cancelled her promotion. And she truly deserved it.

"I'm really sorry sir." Natasha looked down.

Damian glared at her, then looked at me with a look that said "What now?"
Then I gave a look "Let her go."

"Fine. You may go Natasha." He still looked so fearful.

"Thank you Mr. Wilson, thanks Jen." She smiled at me.

"Don't worry. Go." I smiled back.

She went out of the cabin literally running. I can imagine her fear.

"So where were we?" Out of nowhere Damian was behind my back.

Is he alien?

I turned around to face him, "I was telling you how dedicated your employees are."

"Ah yes. They fear me actually. By the way, just give me the expense file. I will check it and give it to you. Then you can take copies of that and circulate to all the HOD."

"Alrighty. It's in the right second drawer of your table."

"Okay. And I need Jenifer Martin coffee please. Coffee in Athens tasted bland. No offence though. But I missed your coffee."
He said in pretty desperate voice.

I sheepishly smiled. "I will be on it. Anything else?"
I was hoping he comes up with the kiss thing. I wanted an explanation. I'm not a girl who kisses around guys just like that. So that kiss meant something for me, and I hope it meant something to him too.

"No nothing. You may go."

Wow just wow. Jerk. Why does he have to be so casual?

******************
Hey. I hope you liked this update. Please vote comment follow me.

Comment the ship name you would like for Jenifer and Damian? The one I like the most will be chosen and will also get a follow from me.
Hurry up!😄

Publish date: 20/07/21

Love,
A.