Chapter 4

Adrien woke up early the next morning and walked around the place only to find that he was the only one awake. He walked into his personal training centre and started lifting weights.

He thought about all the people that Hawk Moth and anger coursed through his veins. He used that anger to fuel his training. He thought about all the moves that he would use to defeat Hawk Moth. He trained for hours and didn't even notice the others entering. They stood in awe looking at him nearly destroy the punching bag. He only stopped when the bag fell and rolled over to where his friends were.

"Oh hey, guys. Didn't see you there."

The three stared at him in disbelief.

"What? Can't I do some morning exercises?" Asked Adrien.

"You can but you can't just destroy another punching bag! That's the fourth time this week!" Exclaimed Nino.

Adrien sighed and walked over to his friends.

"You know that I can't help it. Every time I think about all the murders that Hawk Moth has committed, I get this urge to destroy him."

"We know that, Adrien. But we think that maybe you should stop. You are overexerting yourself and it's dangerous." Replied Alya.

"You're right guys. Maybe I should stop..." Sighed Adrien.

He left the gym and went to take a shower. After an eternity in the shower, Adrien finally came out and suddenly a black cat zoomed into his face. Out of reflex, Adrien backed up but the floor was wet because of the time he had spent in the shower. Adrien slipped and promptly fell on his butt. His mouth was agape as his brain registered what had happened. Plagg, on the other hand, was laughing his head off. His Camembert lay forgotten on the floor as he was rolling on the ground hissing and laughing.

"PLAGG!" Shouted Adrien.

Adrien got up from the floor. Luckily, his towel stayed intact and Adrien readjusted it just to make sure. (Insert snickering and giggling)

Before Plagg could recover, Adrien walked into his closet and put on some shorts and wore his towel over it. After Plagg had recovered, Adrien went to the kitchen to get something to eat. He made himself a sandwich and poured some orange juice into his glass. Alya, Nino, and Chloé joined him in the kitchen. That was when Plagg decided to pull his little stunt.

Adrien's back was facing the rest of the gang. So Plagg flew behind Adrien and tugged at his towel. Plagg could feel the towel give away so he flew away and started laughing. When he didn't hear anyone laughing, he opened his eyes and looked at Adrien only to see him wearing a pair of shorts.

"I'm not going to fall for the same trick twice, Plagg." Replied Adrien with his arms folded.

That was when everybody started laughing and Plagg couldn't stop himself from laughing.

After having breakfast, the four decided to patrol the city as civilians. They seemed to blend very well into the crowd. Nobody knew Adrien as the Adrien Agreste. They knew him as Felix. Chloé too had to go incognito to avoid being known as the dead mayor's daughter. She went by the name of Elena. Alya and Nino didn't have to choose a third identity because no one knew them as popular people.

Adrien was walking around town when he accidentally passed the Agreste manor. He stared at its dilapidated roof, its crumbling walls, and the garden that had been his mother's favourite place in the entire household, all burned and blackened. He felt a lump in his throat and resisted the urge to break down and cry. He could feel Plagg curl up against his chest as a sign of comfort. Adrien gently patted the pocket that the kwami was in and walked away.