Chapter 37

Chat Noir's ears flattened against the top of his head as he stared at Master Fu's back. Master Fu was lying on the grass beside Ladybug who was still unconscious. Chat Noir had scooted away to give them some space while Master Fu examined the holder of the Miraculous of Creation.

The constant 'hm's Master Fu murmured along with the string of 'uh-huh's was making Chat Noir lose his mind. He had no idea what was going on in Master Fu's head and he wanted to know what was wrong with his Princess.

But he didn't want to disturb them.

So he focused on the only thing he could think of. All the happy memories he had shared with Marinette flashed before his eyes and he found himself smiling. His cheeks hurt as his lips formed into a wide grin. Marinette's smiling face, her beautiful eyes, her rosy lips brought a smile to Chat's face and he felt his heart warm up at the memories.

But his lips morphed into a frown as he looked at the unconscious girl lying a few feet away from him. He wasn't going to smile at the memories he had made with Marinette while she was fighting for her life right in front of him.

No.

He was going to smile at the memories he was going to make with Marinette because she was going to live.

Chat Noir's ears perked up as a loud cry echoed in the distance. He knew he should be out there fighting beside Rena Rouge and Carapace but what good was he going to do when all he could think of was Ladybug? He'd probably endanger Rena Rouge's and Carapace's lives if he were to fight Hawk Moth.

As much as he wanted to help them, he knew that he will only cause more trouble. He realised that his negative emotions might be just what Hawk Moth needs and with an Akumatised Miraculous holder with the power of destruction on his side, Hawk Moth was surely going to win.

So he was going to stay. He was going to stay beside his Lady until she woke up.

"Adri-Chat Noir."

Chat Noir's head snapped up and his eyes focused on Master Fu's back. Without thinking, he jumped to his feet and ran to where Master Fu was examining Ladybug.

"Master?" Chat Noir asked.

Master Fu pointed to Ladybug with his chin while searching for something in his bag. Chat Noir knelt beside Ladybug and slid his arm under her back before holding her shoulder. With the tiniest force, Chat pulled Ladybug towards him while letting her back rest on his arm.

Ladybug's head tilted to the side and rested against Chat's chest. Chat Noir felt Ladybug's breath warm his suit right where his heart was and knowing that all hope wasn't lost, Chat allowed himself to smile.

Master Fu turned around and held out a vial with a green liquid. The liquid swished inside the small vial while Master Fu looped his hand under Ladybug's head and tilted her towards him. Master Fu uncapped the vial and placed the rim against Ladybug's lips, tilting it slightly to pour just the right amount into her mouth.

Chat Noir pushed against Ladybug's back and straightened her so that the liquid would travel smoothly down her throat without choking her.

Chat Noir waited for something to happen but when nothing happened, he looked at Master Fu with a worried expression on his face.

"Wh-What's wrong with her?" Chat asked holding Ladybug tighter to him.

"There's nothing wrong with Ladybug. It's Tikki. She's exhausted because it's been a very long time since she has been this active. Don't worry. The potion I gave her will help Tikki gain her strength back. Till then, Marinette can't use her powers."