Chapter 32

"Where are we going?" Asked Chat Noir while being dragged by Marinette.

"No spoilers!" Replied Marinette adding a little giggle at the end.

She had asked Adrien to transform into his alter ego before hopping onto him and asking for a ride to the park. Chat Noir had been confused but since "Your wish is my command", he had happily picked her up and carried her to the park.

It was around 3 pm on a Saturday, the busiest hour of the day at the park. Chat Noir didn't quite agree with the idea of walking around with Marinette since the news of him and Ladybug had spread like wildfire throughout the city of Paris.

There wasn't anyone who didn't know about the little kiss scene and walking out in the public with Marinette made Chat feel queasy.

He wasn't exactly cheating on Ladybug with Marinette since they were the same person but he couldn't stop the sense of uneasiness rising in his stomach at the thought of people having the wrong kind of impression about him.

Marinette walked ahead of Chat Noir and watched a white van pull into the parking lot. She waited till the camera crew got out with Nadja Chamack at the front. She was shouldering her bag that contained her microphone and equipment but the smile on her face told anyone that looked at her that she had a scoop on something big.

"Perfect..." Whispered Marinette.

Marinette intertwined her hand with Chat's and dragged him to the edge of the park where they were most likely to avoid the public eye. Chat Noir hesitated for a second but let Marinette pull him towards the gate.

Marinette pressed her palms to her cheeks and took a deep breath. Chat Noir was getting worried with every passing second and Marinette could see the look of confusion on his face without even looking at his face.

Marinette pulled a small stick of some sort out of her purse and applied it under her eyes. She hissed as she felt the vapour of the Menthol tear stick drift into her eyes making them slightly burn. Once she realised she was ready, she took a deep breath of air and pouted.

"YOU STUPID SON OF A B*TCH!!!"

Marinette felt all the cameras turn on her as she screamed out. She pushed roughly against Chat Noir's chest making him stumble back towards the gate. His belt clanked against the rusted metal as he stared at a fuming Marinette with tears flowing down her cheeks.

Marinette turned on her heel and stomped towards the fountain at the centre of the park. The camera crew was focused on her and Marinette suddenly felt nervous. She pushed all thoughts of regret and balled her fists. She was about to sit on the concrete when Chat Noir's hand gripped her upper arm.

"What are you doing?" Asked Chat Noir clearly hurt by Marinette's sudden outburst.

"Just play along..." Marinette mumbled before snatching her arm away.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" She screamed.

Chat Noir jumped back as if he had been slapped and Marinette felt bad for her Kitty. But she was going to have to apologise later.

"You think you can just say those words to me and ask me to act like nothing happened?! You said you LOVED me! Now you go around kissing LADYBUG and come to me asking me to forget that you ever said you loved me!! It's all her fault!" Cried Marinette pointing to a roof a few blocks away from the park.

The cameras turned to see what she was pointing at and focused on Ladybug who was swinging on her yoyo. She turned around and smiled at the cameras before waving at swinging towards the Eiffel Tower.