Chapter 8

Marinette, on the other hand, couldn't stop thinking about the black-clad criminal. She hadn't told her parents about her saviour. She would have if he wasn't a criminal. Marinette was hoping that he wouldn't hurt her or her family now that he knew where she lived.

*********

*Flashback to the previous day*

Marinette had just been dropped off at home by her best friend, Mylène after a full day of shopping. Shopping hadn't gone as planned as the mall had to be shut down because of Paris's criminals. Chat Noir had crashed straight through one of the mall's fifth-floor windows and had fallen all the way to the first floor. He had looked annoyed rather than hurt and had run out of the mall to battle Riposte.

All the people, including Marinette and Mylène, had been evacuated out of the mall. Mylène had been kind enough to accompany Marinette to the bakery but had refused Marinette's invitation to stay at the bakery till the fight was over.

Inside the bakery, Marinette and her parents had sat in the living room watching Nadja Chamack's latest news report.

"What if Chat Noir and the rest of his team are not criminals?" Marinette had muttered.

She had seen the look on Chat Noir's face when he had crash-landed into the mall. He had looked surprised. He had looked around to make sure that no one was hurt because of his intrusion and then had run out of the mall.

"Marinette! Don't you ever dare talk about those criminals in this household! They're villains! They don't care what happens to us as long as they get what they need. They're ruthless killers. Please, Marinette. Listen to us." Tom had advised.

"Yes, Marinette. They're evil. Don't trust them." Sabine had added.

"Yes, mom. I'm sorry, dad." Marinette had apologised heading up to her room.

*End of flashback*

*********

So, there was no way she could ever tell her parents that Chat Noir had saved her and dropped her off at the bakery without hurting her.

Marinette hadn't been planning on telling the cat where she lived. But she had been too traumatized to walk home on her own. The sweet smile that he had given her when he had saved her had almost forced the answer out of her mouth. He wasn't pushy like other guys. He had waited for her to hold his hand. Marinette knew that Chat Noir was something more than what the people thought he was and Marinette was determined to find out his true side. A criminal would never drop off a girl at home and just walk away.

She stood on her balcony that night staring at the sky, thinking about the mysterious black cat.

"Thinking about me?" Asked a voice from behind Marinette.

"Wha-? AAHH!!" Shouted Marinette while turning around.

"Ch-Chat Noir?!" Questioned the girl.

She backed away from the intruder and hit her leg against one of the many flower pots on her balcony floor. She bent over the railing and lost her footing causing her to fall from her terrace.

"HELP!" Screamed the bluenette.

Chat Noir jumped down from the lamp post that he was on without hesitation and grabbed the girl by her waist while simultaneously extending his baton and propelling both of them back onto the balcony.

"Wow. You've got quite a knack for falling from buildings." Stated Chat Noir.

"And you've got a knack for saving me from falling to my death. But thank you." Smiled Marinette while bending over to catch her breath.