Chapter 30

"Come on, Marinette! I know you can do i- OW!"

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!!"

"When I said 'throw your yoyo', I didn't mean at me!" Cried Chat Noir rubbing his head.

Marinette ran towards Chat Noir and pulled his hands away from his face. She smiled and lifted on her tiptoes and kissed Chat's forehead.

"All better?" She asked.

Chat Noir smiled and placed his hands on Marinette's shoulders.

"Why don't we try that again?" He asked.

Chat Noir had asked Marinette to transform to begin their training. She was already agile as Marinette but she had kept tripping on herself. With the new powers she had obtained, her agility had increased ten folds and she wasn't as clumsy. She had built-in reflexes and training her wasn't very hard. She had caught on pretty well with the basics and could nearly take down Chat Noir in a fight. And that was all during a single training session.

Chat Noir watched as Marinette spun the yoyo beside her. She waited till it gained momentum and threw it at Chat's legs. Chat found his legs bound by the unbreakable string of the yoyo and saw a small smirk on Marinette's lips as he fell to the ground.

With a flick of her wrist, Marinette pulled back her yoyo and walked towards Chat.

"So? What do you think?" Marinette asked.

Chat Noir got up and dusted the grass from his suit. He knew that she was a fast learner but he hadn't expected her to have this much potential. It was as if she were born to fight.

"Well done, Marinette. I think I got quite a lot of injuries for one day." Said Chat rubbing his chin and trying to ignore the bruises he felt forming along his stomach where he had got hit quite often.

But thanks to the power of the Miraculous, he could feel the bruises disappearing leaving nothing behind.

"So what are you going to call yourself?" Asked Chat.

"What?" Questioned Marinette while going through the manual in her yoyo.

"You do know that you have to have a name for your superhero form, right?"

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah!" (Let me tell you. She didn't.)

She looked to her left and saw her smiling at her reflection. The first words she had screamed when she had seen Tikki echoed in her mind and she decided.

"Ladybug."

Chat Noir nodded but sighed. Marinette-Ladybug-turned around to see Chat looking at her with a serious expression, one finger touching his mask and his other fingers at his lips.

"Chat? Don't you like it?" Ladybug asked.

"...Maribug... No. Ladynette... Okay but no. Come on..."

"Okaaaayyyy...?"

"Buginette!"

"What?!"

"Oh. Yeah."

"Chat? What's going on?" Asked Ladybug.

"Ladybug suits you just fine, Marinette! I was just coming up with a few names."

"Wha...?"

"You see... 'Bug' from Ladybug and 'inette' from Marinette. The perfect nickname!"

"Oh..." Giggled Marinette.

"How many nicknames do you have?" She asked.

"Well... There's 'Princess', 'Maribug', 'Ladynette', 'Buginette', 'M'Lady'... 'Bugaboo'... Yeah. That's it."