Chapter 24

To say that Adrien was shocked to hear Master Fu talk about Tikki with such a tone was an understatement. He acted as if Tikki was...

"Master? What about Tikki? Is she alright?" Asked Adrien sitting up, Plagg on his shoulder staring at the Miraculous of Creation in Master Fu's hand.

"Sh-" Began Master Fu but was cut off by the others slamming the door open, in their transformed forms.

"Adrien! We've got a problem. There's a house on fire. We have to move. Now!" Said Carapace.

Adrien looked at Master Fu who nodded, signalling him to leave and protect Paris.

"Plagg, Claws out!" Shouted Adrien feeling the black leather forming a protective suit on his body, complete with cat ears and a tail.

They ran across the roof of Paris trying to reach the house as fast as possible. Chat didn't like the direction they were heading. It was where Marinette lived and Chat Noir was getting worried. He saw the fire from afar and it seemed to be out of control. His teammates ran ahead of him while Chat took his time to observe the surroundings to confirm that this was not Marinette's house.

But he was rooted to his spot on a roof when he saw the entire bakery on fire. The others paused and turned around to see their leader staring at the fire, shocked. Several thoughts ran through Chat's numb brain but he had no control over his thought. The others only saw sadness and anger in his eyes. The eyes that reflected the bakery that was on fire.

Chat Noir jumped down from the roof and ran towards the house.

"NO! MARINETTE! PLEASE, MARINETTE! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Shouted Chat Noir collapsing onto his knees in front of the bakery on fire.

"Marinette?" Asked Queen Bee looking around not understanding what was going on.

And then it hit her.

"No! He... She..." Gasped Queen Bee covering her mouth with her hands and looking at the others.

She could see that Rena Rouge and Carapace knew what was going through Queen Bee's head.

Regaining his consciousness, Chat stumbled to his feet and ran towards the burning house. But Carapce interfered and grabbed Chat by his arms. Queen Bee rushed to help and grabbed Chat by his waist.

"NO! Let me go! My Marinette's in there! I have to save her and her parents! LET ME GO, CARAPACE! Queen Bee! You have to let me go! She-She's in there! Please! I beg you." Cried Chat Noir.

"I'm sorry, Chat. But I can't let you go in there. The fire's too strong. You'll be killed." Replied Carapace trying to restrain Chat from running into the house.

"Marinette!" Chat shouted over and over again but received no response from her or anyone else.

Chat crumpled to his knees in front of the house. Carapace and Queen Bee finally let go of the devastated boy and retreated towards Rena Rouge who was too shocked to even say anything.

"Marinette! No! Please!" Chat Noir cried into his hands.

"CALL THE FIREFIGHTERS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING STANDING OVER THERE?!"Yelled Chat Noir trying to get up but falling again.

"My Marinette... My Princess..." He cried.

People gathered around the four Miraculous owners to witness what was going on. The people were too shocked to even grab their phones and start recording like they usually do. All they saw was Chat Noir crying over some girl and the other 'criminals' calling the firefighters and hurrying to do their best to douse the fire.