Chapter 22

Chat Noir slowly made his way towards Marinette's house with no intention of hurrying. He reached his Princess's house and landed quietly on her balcony. Despite his silence, he was sure Marinette heard the movements on her balcony.

Marinette waited for Chat to descend into her room with a plate of croissants in her hands. But when she realized that he was not going to come, she made her way up onto her balcony.

"Chat?" Asked Marinette opening the trap door and peeking from inside the room.

Chat remained quiet while perched on the balcony railing, waiting for Marinette. Marinette climbed onto her balcony and joined Chat.

"Is everything alright?" Asked Marinette.

"Hey, Marinette." Replied Chat.

Marinette knew that something was wrong. He always sounded so cheerful and happy even in the worst times. But now, he sounded so sad. So serious.

"So? What's wrong?" Asked Marinette still wanting to know the reason behind Chat's sad face.

"Nothing..." Said Chat Noir.

"Please! You expect me to believe you? Come on, Kitty. You know you can tell me anything right?" Questioned Marinette quoting Chat Noir when he had first given her the rose that was now a memory engraved in her heart.

Marinette expected to see a slight smile on Chat's face. But when she saw the seriousness behind Chat's eyes, she quit trying to lighten the mood.

"Are you gonna talk to me or what?" Asked Marinette slowly losing her temper.

Chat stared ahead, one hand lying on his leg propped up on the balcony railing.

"Alright then. Why don't you continue to sulk and I'm just gonna go head inside?"

Marinette moved away from the railing and was about to leave when Chat slowly turned.

"Wait. Please stay with me." Begged Chat.

Marinette walked back and stood beside Chat.

"So?" Questioned Marinette.

"I... I don't know where to begin." Sighed Chat.

"Can't we take this inside? Your cookies are waiting for you." Smiled Marinette pulling on Chat's hand and threatening to push him off the balcony.

Chat finally gave in and let him be dragged inside. Without a moment's hesitation, Marinette pushed Chat onto her bed. Chat landed face-first on the soft covers and grunted as he got up. Marinette jumped down next to him and the two descended the ladder.

Taking a seat in front of Marinette's computer, Chat Noir continued to sulk.

"Alright! That's it! We're going to do this nice and easy. Either you tell me what's going on or I'm going to get it out of you. Trust me, it won't be easy. So you better tell me what's wrong. Understood?"

Chat looked up at Marinette and he immediately regretted it. Her cheeks were flushed with anger but her eyes shone prettier than ever in the light of her lamp. Her lips were pouted and her hands were at her hips, demanding an answer from the black cat.

"I..." Sighed Chat but a slight smile staining his lips.

"Great! Let's do it my way then." Replied Marinette getting up and walking over to Chat.

Chat's eyes followed the girl as she moved closer to him. Marinette moved right in front of Chat, hands at her hips and determination in her eyes.

"Last chance to change your mind."