Chapter 12

The thin line of smoke rising in the distance...

That was the only thing Chat Noir could focus on.

"Come on, guys! Hurry up! Master Fu could be in trouble!" Shouted Chat Noir, vaulting off of the roofs and landing on the forest ground.

Deciding that using his stick to launch off the forest floor with trees in such proximity was foolish, Chat Noir ran through the thicket, dodging branches sticking out of trees and jumping over bushes. The others promptly followed his lead only stopping to recharge their kwamis. Understanding the current situation they were currently in, the kwamis instantly energized themselves and allowed their owners to transform.

With only a few miles to cover, the four heroes resumed their journey on the rooftops once exciting the forest. Civilization was sparse in that region making the place the ideal spot for a hideout. Jumping onto the few rooftops that belonged to the few inhabitants of the place, the four holders made it safely to their beloved home only to find it in ruins.

"No! Master!" Cried Chat Noir.

His screams were soon answered by the soft groans of a man. Quickly detecting the sound, Chat Noir wasted no time in running towards the memorial site.

"Master!" Screamed Chat Noir when he saw Master Fu on the ground at the mercy of none other than Hawk Moth.

Master Fu was on his back looking up at Hawk Moth with the point of his staff just above Master's left eye. Even at the brink of death, Master Fu's eyes shone with determination. Hawk Moth's army marched into the building from every direction surrounding the four heroes. With their weapons ready, the army slowly encircled the team. Understanding that the soldiers were not illusions, Chat Noir quickly gave up on fighting them. They were clearly outnumbered and fighting through the crowd was not an option. He knew that Hawk Moth would finish their Master the second they attacked.

"No..." Chat Noir's voice cracked seeing Master Fu, the strongest person he knew, at some villain's mercy.

Carapace touched Chat's shoulder and tried to calm the hero of destruction. Sure they had ways to escape the tight circle of villains but they were too nervous to take any risks. Queen Bee took a step forward and the whole squad of villains encircled them in an even closer space.

"Gee. Relax! It wasn't like I was going to do anything!" Replied Queen Bee, hands in the air.

"Just give me the Miracle Box, old man and I'll let you live." Ordered Hawk Moth.

Chat Noir sighed in relief knowing that the box was still safe amidst the chaos. Feeling a flicker of hope in him, Chat Noir breathed in, easing the tension in his body. Fully aware of the enemies surrounding him, Chat slowly slipped the staff out of his belt and held it in his hands.

Noticing Chat Noir's movement, Carapace gently shifted his shield from his back onto his arm. Being careful not to be noticed, Rena Rouge firmly gripped her flute and prepared to attack.

With a swift movement, Chat Noir extended his stick to its full length and knocked Hawk Moth's staff out of his grip. Seeing the opening, Master Fu quickly scrambled onto his feet and ran towards a safe place, probably to find the Miracle Box. Before the villains or even Hawk Moth could recover, Carapace slammed his shield onto the villains on his side. Creating a distraction among the group of villains, Carapace quickly made way for his teammates to escape.

Chat Noir immediately jumped in front of Hawk Moth. He called for his staff and lifted it above his head, striking a blow towards Chat Noir. Chat blocked the attack with his own weapon.

"Straight to the point, I see." Said Chat Noir parrying Hawk Moth's next attack.

Hawk Moth growled and put more force onto his staff.