Chapter 25

Chat Noir carried Marinette home in his arms after she had cried herself to sleep with Kin on her lap. She had been hesitant about letting the boy go but Chat had managed to convince her that she'll be seeing him every single day.

Chat smiled down at his sleeping beauty while running home with the others racing in front of him. Her hair shone in the moonlight and her fair skin glistened while the tears at the corners of her eyes sparkled reflecting the moonlight. Her glossy lips looked like the petals of a rose that Chat desperately wanted to kiss. Chat tried his best not to jostle Marinette while running across the roofs of Paris but it seemed that she wouldn't be waking up any time soon.

Jumping down into the forest, Chat Noir and his team detransformed into their civilian selves. Seeing the green light of Chat's detransformation through her closed eyes, Marinette hugged Adrien around his neck, falling back asleep.

"She went through a lot. Better let her sleep. But you have some explaining to do, mister." Whispered Chloé swatting a branch out of her way.

"Why did I even think that I could escape?" Sighed Adrien.

Alya giggled and looked over at Nino. He seemed to be in his own plane of existence but with his mouth hanging open and staring at Adrien. Alya smacked the boy upside his head bringing him to the present.

"What? It's not my fault that they look so cute together." Nino shrugged nearly tripping over a log.

"Awww. Thanks, Nino." Adrien chuckled.

"Shoot! I forgot that the guy has better hearing than any of us even without the costume." Nino whispered to Alya.

"I heard that too." Laughed Adrien.

"Shjudtfst- Ahh!" Nino yelled.

"Oh yeah. I forgot to warn you that there was a log there." Snickered Adrien.

"Wait... Is this the same log that I almost tripped over back there?" Asked Nino closely observing the log.

"Who knows? Ask the log. Maybe it'll tell you." Chuckled Adrien.

Nino got up and brushed the dirt off his pants and walked home in silence.

"You're quiet." Observed Alya.

"No one plans a murder out loud." Whispered Nino cracking his knuckles and laughing evilly.

"I better watch my back then. Right?" Asked Adrien turning around.

"You weren't supposed to hear that." Grumbled Nino entering the driveway of their house.

With Marinette still in his arms, Adrien was greeted by Master Fu at the door.

"Is she... Marinette?" Asked Master Fu looking at the girl asleep in Adrien's arms.

Adrien nodded and walked inside.

"He knew?! Why are we the last to know? Don't tell me that our kwamis know too!" Yelled Chloé turning around to face Pollen.

"Well, your majesty... We may or may not have heard Plagg yell about Adrien being in love." Giggled Pollen.

Trixx and Wayzz joined in while Chloé folded her arms and turned to face Alya who was dying to hold in her laughter while Nino was already on the floor rolling around trying to contain his laughter.

"Dumbos." Sighed Chloé walking away.

Meanwhile, Adrien was carrying Marinette upstairs to his bedroom. Still exhausted from all the screaming and crying, Adrien stumbled into his bedroom, careful not to wake Marinette. Marinette shifted in Adrien's arm but continued to stay asleep quietly mumbling to herself. Even though Adrien's bed was a few feet away from the door of his room, Adrien felt as if he had walked through the Gobi desert. Dragging his limbs that now felt like Noodles, Adrien placed Marinette carefully on the soft covers of his bed.