Chapter 35

"Hello, Ladybug..."

Ladybug tried to move but the heavy feeling in her leg kept her pinned to the ground. She tried to drag herself away from the alley with her elbows but a sudden force on her good leg stopped her from moving. Ladybug screamed as the pain got intense by the second. It was as if something or someone was trying to break her leg but with both her legs pinned to the ground, Ladybug couldn't turn around without crying out in pain.

She couldn't feel her left leg but the pain in her right leg made her almost pass out. Ladybug panted as she tried to pull her leg out from under whoever was trying to crush it but it only increased the pain.

Tears spilled from Ladybug's eyes as she collapsed back onto the ground, her stomach hitting the concrete floor with a 'THUD'.

Ladybug tried to scream for help but her words were cut short by the sharp pain that travelled up her leg. Ladybug flinched but tried to squeeze her way away from whoever was keeping her trapped but fighting through the pain was impossible. She reached for her yoyo as tears fell from her eyes and a spark of hope ignited within her as her fingers closed around her weapon.

She brought her yoyo close to her face so she could call Chat noir for help but before she could even slide the top of her yoyo, a foot slammed down onto her hand and pinned it to the ground.

The yoyo slipped from her fingers and rolled away from Ladybug but she couldn't concentrate on anything besides the pain. The heel of the shoe bit into her skin through her suit and Ladybug could feel blood seep from the wound.

She didn't know how she could get wounded with her suit on but she had no chance to dwell on the thought. The force on her leg had slacked a bit but every time she tried to move her leg, jolts of pain ran up her leg.

Her other leg was still numb but she tried her best to move it. She tilted her head to the side as she bit down on her lower lip to prevent more screams of pain from escaping from her mouth. She knew no one would hear her and every time she whimpered, the villain's foot drove further into her skin.

Ladybug's face rested on the hard ground as tears rolled down her cheeks. She balled her fists and tried to get up but the foot holding her down slammed harder onto her arm. A scream erupted from Ladybug's mouth as her face hit the ground.

"Well, well... Paris's superheroine is at MY mercy?" Laughed the villain grinding the heel of the shoe further into Ladybug's arm.

The voice sounded feminine but Ladybug wasn't sure. The only thing keeping her from blacking out were the thoughts racing through her brain. Chat Noir fighting alone flashed behind her eyes and Ladybug grunted as she tried to put whatever strength she had to stand up.

"Shhh, now..." The voice said.

The figure had emerged from the shadows and the spandex suit almost shone in the light of the sun but the tense posture the figure held while almost crushing Ladybug under her gave off an air of terror.

Ladybug tilted her head and squinted at the villain. The light of the sun shining behind the villain concealed most of the villain's face but the evil glow in those eyes was almost too hard not to recognise.

The purple mask of the butterfly appeared in front of the villain's face as Hawk Moth communicated with his pawn. Ladybug tried to reach for her yoyo with her other hand but the villain simply bent and pushed her other leg in the space between Ladybug's shoulder blades.

"Ah!" Grunted Ladybug as her chin hit the ground.

"Uh-Uh!" Sang the villain, her tone almost mocking Ladybug.