Chapter 23

Adrien blinked several times seeing nothing but a dark ceiling. He felt slight movements beside him and turned around to face his side only to be blinded by the night light. Adrien's eyes quickly adjusted to the light and found Marinette at the edge of the bed, crawled into a ball. She was mumbling in her sleep and tears stained her eyelids and cheeks.

"Chat...? Please. Stay with me." Marinette mumbled.

Adrien's eyes softened and he pulled Marinette towards him and wrapped her up in his arms.

"Shhh, Princess. I got you and I'm not going anywhere. Okay?" Soothed Adrien stroking Marinette's back and holding her head to his chest.

Marinette smiled in her sleep and snuggled closer to Adrien, burying her face in his chest. Even with Chat Noir's enhanced senses, Adrien had always felt attached to Marinette's warmth but holding her as Adrien felt so... relaxing. The Chat Noir side of him was almost jealous of Adrien for holding his Princess in his arms. Adrien felt elated feeling Marinette's arms around him, Adrien.

Without meaning to, Adrien ran his fingers along Marinette's hand feeling her soft skin. Even in her sleep, Mariette blushed at the touch, her skin reddening whenever Adrien traced his fingers on her arms.

Adrien once again fell asleep only to wake up to a sharp pain in his head. Making sure not to wake up his Princess, Adrien slowly turned his head to see Plagg hovering in front of his face with tufts of golden hair in his hands.

"PLAGG!" Adrien whisper-shouted.

"That's for not serving my cheese on a silver platter," Plagg said clapping his small hands together shaking off the strands of Adrien's hair.

"Why did you wake me up?" Whispered Adrien looking at the light pink-tinted sky above him.

"Her mother's awake and I thought that it'd be the best time to wake you up too." Smiled Plagg, an evil gleam in his eyes.

"What... What did you do?" Asked Adrien, highly suspicious of his kwami.

Plagg simply floated over to Marinette's table and sat on her sketchbook.

"Nothing..." Plagg chuckled.

Adrien got out of bed and walked over to Plagg.

Adrien quickly jumped onto the loft bed careful not to wake up Marinette and scanned her. As expected, Plagg had pulled one of his many pranks on her. On her hand was a lot of white cream which suspiciously looked like shaving cream. Before Marinette could slap her face with the shaving cream, Adrien grabbed a cloth and wiped it off of her hand.

Trying to get up, Adrien hit his head on a large wooden plank that he was absolutely certain was not there last night. Falling on top of Marinette but keeping himself hovering an inch above her, he slid out of the bed and removed the plank from its place on the shelf. Marinette would have got a nasty bruise if she had hit her head on it after being surprised with the shaving cream.

Sighing, Adrien sat at the edge of the bed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Really, Plagg?" Asked Adrien.

"What? Those were meant for you, not her." Chuckled Plagg.

Adrien's phone vibrated in his pocket alerting him of the new message he had received. Adrien viewed the newest message and was blasted with a voice mail demanding him to come home. Obviously, it was Chloé. Miraculously, Marinette slept through all of it. Adrien got up from the bed and walked downstairs looking for the item that he needed. Finding a piece of paper on Marinette's desk, Adrien wrote a short letter for his Princess.