Chapter 40

"You can do whatever you want with him. I don't care about him."

Ladybug felt Hawk Moth stiffen in front of her as his fists unclenched. Ladybug herself found her grip loosening as Catalyst stared daggers at the villain Ladybug was holding captive.

But before anyone could react, Catalyst opened the Miracle Box and stole the snake Miraculous from its slot. Ladybug's feet moved on their own but she was already too late.

Catalyst threw the Miraculous to her right and Ladybug reached for it but her hand froze when another hand snatched the Miraculous out of the air. A choked gasp escaped Ladybug's lips when the snake Miraculous slipped onto his arm, locking itself in place.

"Welcome, Silencer." Greeted Catalyst.

"The pleasure is all mine, Catalyst." Said Silencer, having stolen an innocent Parisian's voice.

Silencer glanced around, taking in the shocked looks that each superhero wore. He smiled to himself as he spotted Hawk Moth still under Ladybug's custody move his eyes around continuously pointing to Ladybug.

"Do you think I'm going to do as you say, Hawk Moth? You might have control over my Akuma but with this Miraculous, I'll be unstoppable!"

"All you have to say is 'Sass! Scales Slither!' and your kwami will transform you." Said Catalyst when Silencer glanced at her.

"Sass! Scales Slither!"

A glowing turquoise colour surrounded Silencer's body and Ladybug squeezed her eyes shut not wanting to see another Miraculous falling into the wrong hands.

When she opened her eyes, Ladybug saw Silencer encased with a warm glue-green suit looking at her while his hand rested on the bracelet.

"You can call me Viperion." Said the villain now in the suit that was meant for a hero.

Ladybug gasped when she realised what he was trying to do and before he got the chance, Ladybug gripped Hawk Moth's collar and ripped the Moth Miraculous from his suit. Before Hawk Moth could cry out, Ladybug turned around and threw Hawk Moth to the ground while his transformation wore off.

Snatching the yoyo string, Ladybug pulled back letting it unravel from around the villain's body. Hawk Moth crouched on the ground with his face facing the ground. His fists were clenched while his fingers drew patterns in the sand.

Out of the corner of her eye, Ladybug saw Silencer twist the snake's head on the bracelet and with the last bit of strength, Ladybug called out for Queen Bee.

"Bee!"

"Venom!"

Queen Bee jumped forward and stung Hawk Moth's leg with the stinger on her spinning top just as Silencer called out.

"Second Chance!"

Queen Bee backed away from the villain who was paralysed on the ground. She looked at Ladybug who clutched at the Miraculous.

Now that Silencer had the power to reverse time, Ladybug knew they'd have to be careful. If they made a wrong move, he'd go back in time to counter them. And he'd know every move they were going to make.

Ladybug didn't want to risk the safety of her team and with Queen Bee having only three minutes to spare, Ladybug decided to focus ONLY on the Snake Miraculous dangling from Silencer's wrist.

With the detransformed Hawk Moth paralysed, the heroes had one less problem to worry about. So they divided their attention between Silencer and Catalyst.

Queen Bee and Carapace went for Catalyst while Rena Rouge, Chat Noir and Ladybug surrounded Silencer.

"Three against one? Don't you think that's kind of unfair, Ladybug?" Asked Silencer positioning himself so that his back was facing a tree with the three superheroes in front of him.