Chapter 13

The early morning light streamed into Marinette's room lighting up the small space. Marinette groaned and pulled the sheets over her head, begging for more sleep. But her body refused to let her sleep. She was feeling hot and sweaty and decided that a hot shower was the best way to fix her early morning depressed mood.

One quick shower later, Marinette found herself doodling on her sketchbook. She had drawn flowers at each corner of the book and the middle of the page only occupied one character. Chat Noir.

Marinette blushed at the thought of the black cat seated on her balcony railing. She had always been fascinated by the costumed of the four 'criminals' but what had inspired her the most was Chat Noir's black costume. Its leather so soft yet tough, its mask so revealing yet very much concealing, and the cat ears that added humour to match the personality of its owner. Marinette's hand found her pencil and drew Chat's baton on its own accord.

"Thinking about me, Princess?" Asked a voice that Marinette was now very familiar with.

There standing on Marinette's trapdoor above her bed was Chat Noir himself.

"You bet I am." Giggled Marinette.

Chat jumped down onto her bed and slid down the railing of the steps. Landing gracefully behind Marinette, he walked over to her.

"Oooh. The Princess is a designer too?" Asked Chat hugging Marinette from behind.

"Yep. And guess what? I was the winner of the fashion competition at my school!" Exclaimed Marinette.

"Wow, Princess! That's great!" Chat Noir said, still hugging Marinette.

Suddenly, his baton rang.

"Sorry, Princess. Got to go." Waved Chat Noir releasing Marinette and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"You'll visit again right?" Asked a sad Marinette.

"Of course, Princess. I'll visit you every single day. I promise." Swore Chat.

He climbed onto her bed and jumped onto the balcony. Suddenly, his face grew worried and he looked down at her in shock.

"Marinette? Marinette!"

"Marinette!" Came the voice once again.

"Wh-What? Chat? Chat!" Yelled a frightened Marinette.

"Who?" Asked Sabine shaking her daughter awake.

"Oh. Um. Nobody? Yeah! Nobody!" Fumbled Marinette rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Anyway! Breakfast's ready. Come downstairs." Added Sabine before leaving Marinette's room.

Marinette looked down at her sketchbook and sighed. She gently closed the book and left the room. Her mother was working in the bakery with her dad and she had switched on the TV in the living room. Taking her bowl of cereal and croissant from the kitchen island, Marinette walked into the living room. Making herself comfortable on the couch, Marinette began eating her cereal.

"Don't be bemused it's just the news. This is Nadja Chamack reporting live to you from the outskirts of town. It seems that a huge battle has occurred in this very place and it has been confirmed that this place was indeed Chat Noir and the Miraculous gang's hideout. The most wanted criminals of Paris have been defeated but none of their bodies has yet been discovered. Our saviour, Hawk Moth has stated that his team had done everything in their power to annihilate these criminals.

Many lives had been lost including Max Kanté whose body has just been discovered under the rubble of the criminals' hideout. It was no surprise when three bloody claw marks were observed on the teenager's neck. It has been confirmed that the boy had died from blood loss. The bombs that had rained down on this place were a work of Chat Noir to protect whatever secrets they had hidden in this place. It has been determined that this was an act of suicide to refrain from revealing their true identities.