Chapter 12: The Troubled Hidden Assassin (2)

And my worries couldn't be more founded. Before that, let me tell you what happened.

My instructor was a woman around her thirties. She was seemingly kind when we greeted each other. However, judging from the memories, this one was quite strict.

And the memories were not wrong at all. Even the slightest mistake, she was able to spot it, like a sharp sniper. She even scolded me that during our greetings, I didn't use the traditional formal noble greeting. My memories did have that, but that wasn't mine and I didn't experience it, and since I didn't think it would be that important, I well... greeted her formally in my own way. Plus, she didn't even say to greet that way last time she taught Estelia.

By the way, the instructor was also an aristocrat, bearing the status of a Marquess. She was the lady of their household, and was asked by Father to teach me. Their family was apparently close with ours.

Actually, this instructor of mine was quite scary, well for others it would be. But not really that scary for me. Compared to the organization on which you make a small mistake they would slap you on the face hard, this was on a much brighter side.

Then when we were working about the way I walked, I was confident in that regard. Oh boy, I was perfect... though that was what I expected.

"You have improved compared the last time we met. However, you have yet to reach perfection."

Yup, that's what she said. Years of assassination training wasted. I was quite hurt to be honest.

She placed a book on top of my head and had me walk around the hall several times. I would start again if it fell. Well, as it was expected of me, it did not fall. But she was not yet satisfied, so I walked straighter than a straight pole.

My hips swayed hypnotizingly. I delicately clasp my hands before my belly, movement so graceful, and a facial expression so regal. We were at it for who knows how long, I think around an hour or more? Although I didn't think much of how long it would take, so I didn't count.

It took a long time since she had me repeat it several times even though I was already doing fine. She must have wanted my performance to be impeccable.

She was surprised though that I was able to do well in that short time frame. Estelia was not that enthusiastic about improvement here, and only provided a small effort for development. Therefore, progress took a lot of time. However, I was used to learning and practice. Therefore, I was able to follow and improve in a short time.

That was even though it was my first time being taught here. The only thing I had were memories, and memories alone. They were not muscle memories or something like that, but only akin to images, you could say. So I could only remember how the movement goes. That being said, I did have my regal skills from assassinations which helped a lot. Gracefulness was useful in some missions after all. In short, I was already familiar with this type of thing, so I did not need much improvement.

Then, after that, we had a short break.

After that break, we had language lessons. Manner of speaking, formalities, like that. Not that much noteworthy or hard.

Then dining etiquette. Be graceful and neat. There were a lot of restrictions. But I guess that was to be expected during formal events, or banquets, or something similar in nature. She had me show her how to dine like a proper royal. The memories of Estelia were a lot of help.

Thankfully, she gave me a passing remark.

Everything was going swimmingly well.

Then after a short break, it was time for dancing.