Chapter 18: Kind Princess

Around early afternoon, after having lunch together, my music instructor and I were still inside the same room we used to practice. She was supposed to leave around noon. However, she asked that we were to practice for a little while.

Well, who was I to refuse that? Then, along with a permission from Mother, we were back here. I was actually getting better, I have familiarized a lot of chords and memorised a few. As for the plucking, come on, I played guitar, so not much of an issue for that.

As for my instructor, she had also learned some chords used on the song I played earlier. However, she still needed to practice on the song itself. But I should say, I was impressed, as expected from a professional musician, she was learning fast.

Then later on, a servant came to the room bearing the message that my Father had arrived and was now at the gates.

"Excuse me Madame Lanivia, I have to greet Father for his return."

I was planning to go out by myself, but Lanivia also rose up from her seat and gently placed her instrument down.

"I will also be going. It would be impudent of me if I do not greet the King."

She was a noble, so as one, she must greet the king of this country if she was in the palace. I guess it would be informal and inappropriate to just hide and pretend that the king was not arriving.

Lanivia, Urys, and I headed straight to the front of the palace where Father's convoy was expected to come. In addition, the servant who called us was taking the lead so everything was assured.

As time passed, we finally reached the front door of the main building. When we exited, I saw several carriages pulled by horses. Some were open and had knights riding upon it, while some were closed, which I imagine occupied by other knights. Then at the center was a more impressively designed carriage, colored in gold and red, with an emblem in the shape of a wisteria emblazoned on its doors.

Standing in front of the door, in the middle of the pathway, was my mother and brother. I could see my Mother rubbing the thumb on her hand, she seemed to be uneasy and impatient. While my brother turned around to face me as though sensing my presence, he smiled.

I rushed my steps to show that I was excited to see Father safe and sound.

"Brother, Mother."

"Hey dear sister."

"Estelia..."

I stood with them. I had an expression of utter concern and fright, as I waited for my father.

"E-Everything's fine, right?" I asked with a slightly trembling voice.

Estevan chuckled for a moment.

"You see how the knights look?" he asked.

I looked at the knights closely from where I was standing as they headed towards us. I returned my gaze to my brother then nodded.

"Those expressions are not entirely grim. So it is safe to assume that Father is alive."

"Really?" I smiled brightly with joy lit up in my eyes. "Thank goodness."

I sighed in relief.

Before long, the convoys stopped, and the king's carriage in front of us. In that instant, the door charged open. A man wearing a violet armor with golden lines emerged from the carriage. His smile wide as he approached with rushed steps.

"Greetings my family! I am alright, as you can see!"

I smiled with happiness when I saw how energetic Father was. I stepped forward as though to make sure that my eyes didn't deceive me.