Chapter 15: Alan Welford

Alan Welford's eyes were focused only at one being. A girl. Her hair was white as platinum, eyes red as blood yet dazzling, her skin as white as snow, and beauty that one could never dream of ever laying their eyes on. Yet, that was not all there was to her.

The princess was already leaving after the mock battles of the knights. And yet, Alan felt like his heart was leaping forward, wanting to follow after her. But that was a ridiculous endeavor to do. At first, he was only captivated at the first time he ever saw her.

However, now, why was it that his heart was pounding every time he lay his eyes on her? Even her presence alone would make his heart jump. Alan had realized what this feeling was, perhaps this was love.

Which was strange since he just recently met her. But, such things do happen.

The princess was pure and kind. She might as well be the purest of all the people Alan had ever known. She was even kind enough to help him even though he only had a small wound on his hand.

But when he looked at her eyes at that moment, he saw true concern in her eyes. Which made his heart warm only by remembering it. How wonderful it was to receive the concern of such a beautiful person. Her compassion was something to be valued, and if ever received, one must treasure it for the rest of their life.

"Uwah, the princess is gone..."

Alan heard the disappointed voice of one of his fellow knights. He held a spear in his hand. He approached Alan and smacked his back.

"... Rogan, stop that," Alan said to him.

"What? Am I interrupting your "mesmerization"?" Rogan chuckled as he slapped his back a few more times again.

Truth be told, it hurt quite a bit.

Alan frowned as he responded to Rogan who had his carefree smile as always.

"What are you talking about?"

"Come now, I'm also a man you know. I know that kind of look anywhere."

Rogan pointed a finger at his face. Alan couldn't deny it. He stepped back, removing Rogan's hand from him.

"Stop it before anyone gets the wrong idea."

Rogan had an amused smile as he heard that.

"Oh? You afraid someone else might find out."

Rogan placed his hand on Alan's shoulder before whispering.

"Fine, a secret among men. So how was it?"

"... How was what?" Alan had no idea what he was referring to.

"You know, it's rare for us to see the princess, no less touching her. So how was her hand?"

"W-What?"

Rogan ignored his confusion then continued.

"Was it soft? Was it smooth? Come on, let's spark the wonders of youth here, you follow me?"

"......... Yes, it was soft, and smooth."

It was indeed. It was incredibly pleasant to the touch. Alan somewhat wished he could hold them a little while longer. But, he shouldn't talk about something like this to the princess.

"Let's not talk about the princess when it involves such a thing as this."

"What...?" He sounded disappointed. "And you had just responded. But whatever, it is kinda blasphemous."

Rogan chuckled as he stepped away.

"But isn't it wonderful?! To be helped by the princess herself!"