Chapter 47: Basics of Magic (2)

But still, even though they have instincts in magic, this body, Estelia, was still born in this world. Therefore, this body was naturally linked to magic and mana. This didn't mean I would give up.

How stupid do you think giving up at first try? I'll be the biggest idiot in the world if I did.

"Vernon, any tips you can give me?"

"Tips..." he looked at the floor as he pondered. "Magic of nobles is different from us of common birth. Yours are more grander, thus when exerting magic, it may differ from commoners, whether it be by strength or method. However, the general concept of it should be the same."

He smiled faintly as he continued.

"Mana is like your own limb, your will is what it will follow. Command it to move, will it to show its power."

Magic is illogical, so does its methods. Unlike science that required mathematics and calculations, as well as process and so on, magic was vague and unexplainable. Therefore, magic was in a league of its own.

However, without a logical method, this would be harder for me. Or, I am the weird one here for being unable to do something like this.

But this tip from him was quite good.

"I see. Thank you."

When push comes to shove, I'll bullshit my way through. And how would I do that? No idea!

"I'll keep your words in mind."

I returned to my seat and stared at the book placed upon the table.

Hmmmm.... Alright... Mana is my own limb, you are under my command, thy shall move as I wish. If one disobeys, thy shall fall into penance...

Hehe — I tried speaking to it. I don't know if it would help, but hey, didn't I say I'll bullshit my way through it?

And, this place where I was, was not precisely a good place to train. I prefer an open space, a peaceful one, quiet. Sure the place was quiet, but this was not it.

Looked around and saw a space in this large lobby. It was by the wide windows. That looked like a good place!

I rose up from my seat and immediately headed over there. The windows were made of glass with gold and silver frames. This place may be more luxurious than my room. And damn the glass installed here was impressive.

Glass was not exactly easy to come by and by no means cheap compared to my old world. But given how old this library was, I imagine this place being renovated many times already. I don't intend to think of the cost.

But come on, we are rich though!

I was fairly rich myself back in my old world. But if I say rich, I don't mean a millionaire, I barely reached that. We agents were given, you could say salaries, but not that much. In addition, we were also given some payment when we finished a job. But of course a lot of it was given to the organization.

It was no big deal however, I mean, I don't even have much to spend the money on. We mostly use it for daily necessities. We assassins bound by the chains of the organization cannot bask in luxury and leisure.

But we didn't think much of it even though we see countless people living a comfortable wealthy life. We were raised strictly to follow orders and kill. That was our purpose.

That said, now that I have tasted freedom, I was starting to love it. It made me ask, why did I have to live in such a way? But such a question can never be answered.