Chapter 29: Precious Daggers (2)

As the smith was giving me my change, I spoke to him.

"You have fine weapons displayed behind you, I'm actually impressed."

"Haha, of course, those are the things that I worked hard the most."

"Indeed, I can see the hard work from the finished product alone."

"Hehe, thanks."

"Ah, which reminds me, do you also have any premium quality daggers?"

He smirked for some reason. At this moment, he must really now have the impression that I was a wealthy customer. Well, I didn't mind.

"Of course."

"Oh? Then can I take a look?"

"Hehe, wait for a moment."

From behind the desk, he grabbed a wooden box, it wasn't something you would call plain. It was all made up of wood, but it was carved beautifully. Various shapes that resembled vines and leaves were all around it.

"Here it is, it's one of my older works, but it's been untouched for a long time, so it should be completely fine."

It seems he barely makes any daggers which were of premium made. Mostly what I see were swords, it would appear the swords were more in demand than daggers were.

He then continued.

"As for the box, I also made it myself."

"You have a wide range of talents, I see."

"You flatter me, missy."

He placed the box on the table and presented the front to me. He opened the box slowly, a bit dramatic to be honest. But holy shit, it was actually building up my anticipation.

Well, the age of my old world and here were different, thus, I was actually looking forward to how this dagger was.

In addition, you rarely find any, you could say, custom made daggers. Well rare for me that is. It was hard to scout, okay?

Then when I saw the thing inside, both my eyebrows rose up. I have never seen such an awesomely designed dagger before.

The dagger of plain steel, but there were more. Along the hilt was a trace of gold, wrapping around all the way to the top. In addition to that, there were also that seemed cleaner mixed in along the steel, perhaps silver. Then at the upper side of the handle, the guard, there were carvings of flower petals, in the color of gold and silver.

Then by the blade, at the center, there were lines and traces of gold, then shapes of flower petals and vines carved in, highlighted by golden hue. The dagger was beautiful and neat. Not only that, it was around a medium sized dagger. I'm impressed just thinking of the intricacies.

"Incredible," I let out my words of awe.

I want to have it.

"Right? I added silver and gold on the steel. Although, I only applied thinly the materials used for cosmetics so that it wouldn't weigh too much and to keep it balanced."

"I'm at a loss for words..."

"Well, though it can be used for practical purposes. Personally, I think it fits best to just be a collection."

"No, that's wrong... What's the use of a dagger if not used by its true purpose? And this one, should definitely be used."

Just imagining as I cut down my foes with it elated me.