Chapter 17: The Princess Plays Music

Ah yes! Music class! My expertise.

Yes, compared to when I knew there was going to be dancing, this time I was more excited, well not that I was ever excited about dancing. Today was the day for music lessons, and I believe this was where I was to shine. Although that was not entirely why I was excited. I am excited because I will get to use an instrument that didn't exist back in my old world.

I knew this because of the memories of Estelia, but that being said, I regret that I wasn't a master of it yet. However, I expect it wouldn't be much of a problem compared to dancing. With this instrument, I only had to do some chords, meaning I was only to use my hand and fingers.

It was easier to recall the position of the hands and fingers from Estelia's memories to form chords. Although I expect I would have some difficulties switching between chords, I will adjust in a short time. I might be able to get through this without having to be scolded due to me being inept or something like that.

Even so, as long as I know the tune of every chord, I should be fine. The chords and notes used from my old world will be applicable here.

A tune is a tune. A melody is a melody.

Music was the language of the universe. Unlike language, music could be understood by all things which had the ability to hear. If the song was endearing, it would be endearing. If a song was calming, it would be calming. That being said, people had music which they preferred. In other words, music was a matter of perspective, whether they like something or not. But music was music, and it could be understood by all.

Alright, perhaps it was just me over hyping music up. But that was the truth of my universe. Music was what brought a great sense of calm to me. Even if I agonize and despair due to the pain I felt during when I was young, every time a music play, I was at peace. Therefore, when the organization taught a bit of music, I was happy. Although what they taught was just above average, I learned most myself.

After finishing my breakfast, I went back to my room to take my instruments. Behind me followed the maid who attended me yesterday, again, not Mera. I had some sort of urge to ask my parents to make Mera my personal attendant.

I entered my room and the maid excused herself in. By the corner of the room, she took the wooden case which had the instrument inside. The case was shaped precisely like the instrument, so it was perfectly fit. The instrument was a rondalla of some sort, longer and bigger than a normal guitar.

It was roughly half as tall as me.

The maid was able to lift it with no problem. As a royalty and the pure and fragile princess, I did not need to do such a menial task like carrying the instrument. Heh, how nice.

We headed towards the training room, with me having a bright smile on my face. It was genuine this time, however, I mixed some Estelia esque type of smile.

It didn't take long before we arrived at the room. When we entered, my instructor greeted me.

"Greetings, Princess Estelia. May our hallowed lord and lady bless the moment of our delightful meeting."

The beautiful woman in her late twenties placed her palm on her left chest while the other hand lifted her skirt a little, like a curtsy. Meanwhile having her one feet about behind the other, she bowed elegantly, her peach hair gracefully followed her motion, then afterwards her emerald eyes gaze at me.

My instructor today was a noble. And this was the traditional noble greeting.

"It is of greatest pleasure to meet you, Madame Lanivia. May we receive the resplendent blessing from our illustrious lord and lady."