Chapter 22: The Cursed Children & The Eternal Wanderer

In the capital city of a kingdom in the center of the continent. A nation named after a beautiful flower, a city which bears the meaning of calm and peace. And yet, it was the center of all undesirable eyes.

In this city named Serene, beings of power lurk within, hidden from the eyes of many. Beings that no ordinary creatures could hope to overpower, nor defeat. One of these powerful beings was a man. Young and handsome.

In an alley, this young man with long bronze hair was wandering around. His golden eyes looking at something. His smile was beaming with amusement. Why was it? Well, it was because of the bottle of liquor in his hand.

He nonchalantly looked at the bottle of wine.

"This is an expensive wine, I hope it's worth the time."

Well, not that his time was strictly limited.

He only arrived in the city more than a day ago, and he did take a leisurely time going around the city. It had been a while since he was here. More than a decade ago when he heard of something interesting and kind of a big deal for him.

He looked around the alley he was walking in.

"Hm, it changed a little."

The reason he scoured around the city was that he wanted to see what changed. Even little ones were interesting. As a being such as himself, he appreciated even tiny things that he deemed interesting.

He gazed at the bottle in his hand once again.

"... Fine, just a little sip."

He was not slacking off amidst his task, just experiencing little things. And a bottle of liquor was one of those little things to enjoy. He opened the cork of the bottle and drank a small amount of its content.

"Hm, not bad."

As he expected, the wine was good. Wisteria was one of those who made good quality wine after all.

"... It never disappoints. Hm, that aside, there sure are a lot of bothersome guys around here."

Despite him appearing to be fooling around, he was taking in a lot about what was going on in the city. He had to be extra careful, and had to hide his presence to not be discovered.

"The princess is going to have her hands full."

The Princess of Wisteria, Estelia. Her hair of platinum was blindingly dazzling, and hypnotizing crimson eyes. He had only started observing her recently. Although, he found nothing worth noting for, especially knowing the prophecy.

It's starting to make me think that it was fake.

But of course it was not, it was absolutely genuine. But he was still a bit confused about it. Maybe things turned out this way because the gods were in disarray. Or perhaps there were other factors at play.

That aside, as he thought of the order of the gods falling apart, he cheered for the Observer in his heart. He was never on the side of the gods anyway. That was why he felt elated to hear that the Neverending Observer was rebelling against them.

But the Observer was alone, so there was a high chance he would fail and fall from grace. But if he succeeds, then good luck to the world then.

He drank a little from the bottle again.

Alright, the princess is out in the city.

Quite risky, very in fact. But of course she didn't know that very risk. He could easily imagine what factions were around in the city.