Chapter 13

Warning - This chapter contains content that some readers may consider disturbing; such as assault and physical violence.

***

"Wait, so Violet's still hung up on you? Why can't she just move on, man? You've been ignoring her for so long and she still wants to be back into your life? What is her problem?" Matt asked Andrew while we were sitting at the popular kids' lunch table.

Don't ask me how I got there. It's honestly still a mystery to me why I'm being forced to do these weirdly unnecessary things to entertain my blackmailer.

Long story short, Andrew literally dragged me to their table and made me to eat with them. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit but he's definitely not the most polite person on the planet when it comes to me.

I felt really bad because soon afterwards my friends Lucy and Felicity came inside the cafeteria and when they saw me with the 'cool kids' Felicity signed with her hands asking me what the hell was going on. I was so full of guilt I didn't know how to respond. After a moment of deliberation with myself I decided to get up and talk to them face to face but of course Andrew didn't allow me, his fingers gripped onto my arm like an ivy that latches onto a tree and consumes it fully. I had no choice but to fall back on my chair like a rock.

I didn't want my friends to worry so I used sign language to communicate to them that I would explain everything very soon. I actually wasn't used to using sign language that often myself. I usually only had to watch Felicity do it since, you know, she couldn't talk but she had two perfectly working ears so there was no need for me to sign to her when I could simply just use my words.

Anyhow, Felicity nodded and smiled kindly but Lucy's reaction wasn't so warm. She wrinkled the skin between her eyebrows and shook her head in denial. Then I heard my phone making a tweaking noise which indicated that I had received a message. I looked at the screen and read the text that was sent by Lucy.

"You better have a good explanation for all of this. What the Fuck is going on, Jesse? It feels like our friendship doesn't mean anything to you anymore and if that's the case why don't you just say so."

She was mad and rightfully so. I did so many things wrong that I ruined the only good thing in my life. I at least used to have Lucy and Felicity backing me up in the past but now because of my recklessness I might have lost our friendship too.

There's no way I can let that happen! I will make this right, no matter what!

I'll tell them the truth about Andrew and beg them not to say anything to him. I mean the only reason why I didn't want to reveal everything to them in the first place was to keep them safe. And also I hoped that our relationship would stay as it was before but now it seems like the complete opposite is happening. I'm growing apart from them as the time passes and if I don't do something soon they'll completely shut me out from their lives.

"I'm really sorry about all the pain I caused. I'll explain my behavior very soon. Let's meet up after school in the parking lot and I'll tell you about everything. I just want you to know that I deeply care about you guys and I hope my actions didn't hurt you too much."

"We care about you too. We're just really worried, that's all. See you there!"

Oh, thank god. Maybe it's not too late after all.

"I know right. I never liked Violet, she always looked so suspicious." Briana announced while hugging her boyfriend's shoulder. Seeing her so close to Matt was as if somebody pierced through my heart with an arrow. I couldn't bear watching them being so lovey-dovey.