Chapter 47

The rest of the week went pretty smoothly and I actually thought I was going to have a peaceful weekend before my grandmother told me that she was going on some sort of a business trip or something and I had to take care of her dog Roxie.

I wouldn't mind Roxie so much if she was a tiny dog but she was way bigger than what I was confident of handling. Not to mention that my grandmother also requested that I took Roxie for a walk and that was definitely not something I was looking forward to but in the end I figured it would be better to get rid of this chore sooner rather than later. I even called Tiffany to ask her to come with me, hoping that if I had some company it would be less awkward rambling around the neighborhood with a polar bear looking dog. Unfortunately, she was busy this Saturday with her part time job so she couldn't make it but she promised she would visit me after she was done working.

And that's where we were right now. I was walking with a leash wrapped around my wrist with a dog attached to the other end of it that was barking at everything that moved. But that wasn't even the most annoying part of this 'journey' actually. The thing that made me the most furious was the amount of people who were stopping me to pet Roxie as they kept telling me that she was the cutest dog they'd ever seen, which was definitely undeniable. She was certainly the prettiest dog in town, and yes, I was quoting my grandma on that by the way. Although everyone was nice I couldn't shake off this feeling of uneasiness every time somebody approached me.

Soon I got quite bored and uncomfortable with all the attention Roxie was getting from these strangers so I decided to call Lucy because I figured if people saw me talking on the phone they wouldn't bother me as much anymore.

The trick surprisingly worked. That was definitely a great idea!

"So how are you doing? Tell me everything. I want to know every single detail." Lucy asked enthusiastically after she picked up.

"There's nothing to tell you. Everything is normal here." I responded dryly and tried to dodge her questions. "I'm just calling to find out what you guys have been doing over there while I was gone."

"Oh... it's so hard without you here, babe..." Lucy started laughing at her own joke before she even told it. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep at night if I don't see your face."

"Ha ha..." I chuckled and rolled my eyes as if she'd be able to see my action through the phone. "Stop messing around and tell me what's actually happening!"

"Jeez... does no one have a sense of humor in that frozen town, Elsa?" Lucy added annoyingly. Ever since I told her it was pretty snowy around here she kept teasing me. Sometimes she even called me Snow Queen or Jack Frost. I was not even sure who half of those people were or which movie references she was making but I had a pretty strong hunch that they all had something to do with cold weather. "I was trying to cheer you up, dummy! But in actuality we're having a pretty good time. I'm at Felicity's house now and she's baking muffins. We're having a sleepover weekend because her mom's visiting her relatives."

"Ugh... are you kidding me?" I sighed as I attempted not to sound too disappointed because I was missing out on everything. "I'm so jealous. It would be so much fun if I could be there. Instead I'm stuck in this frozen land and I think I'm going to catch a cold soon."

I turned around as I took the route back towards my house because I was actually feeling kind of dizzy and my neck was a little sore. Unfortunately for me every time I felt pain in my throat area, it usually indicated that I was sick and I tried to avoid that at all cost because catching a cold was just so annoying. Unfortunately, it was too late for that since as I felt the drowsiness overcoming my senses. I realized I was already pretty sick once I started sneezing uncontrollably.