Epilogue

Hello there. How are you doing? It's been a while since we talked. Well maybe not for you but for me years have passed.

I don't know why I'm even here to be honest. I used to spend a lot of time complaining and nagging to you which, I imagine, probably wasn't very pleasant to hear but all of that helped me a lot. It made me realize how I was actually feeling.

I hope you had fun judging me and the questionable choices I made. It's much easier to point out someone else's flaws than fix your own ones. Trust me, I know that better than anyone. I used to be so overly dramatic about pretty much everything.

But at the end of the day we're all human and we all make mistakes whether we like that or not.

And the best advice I can give you is to just live your life. The only person you need to be is yourself. Be proud of who you are and the differences you have from others. Those differences are what makes you interesting. Can you imagine how boring the world would be if everyone had the same personality?

It may not be easy but it will be worth it in the end. I know that the society can be harsh sometimes. People's minds are filled with prejudices that aren't even based on something logical.

But maybe one day no one will have to hide. Maybe one day everything will change.

I hope I'll live long enough to see that day with my own eyes and then I'll die with a smile on my face.

Some close-minded people may say things like – 'when's enough going to be enough? I tolerate your homosexuality but that's it. Don't ask for too much.'

But you should never listen to people like that. Enough is never going to be enough until we reach the point where every single human being regardless of their gender, sexuality, race, etc. is treated equally and has the same rights and freedom as everyone else. We as a society will never stop progressing and evolving so we'll always make new discoveries about ourselves. Just because something is new that doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad thing. So be open-minded and try not to bash anyone only because you don't understand them.

Whether you're straight, gay, lesbian, bi or etc. we should all thrive towards the future where everyone will be accepted. All you have to do is be respectful towards others and try to put yourself in their shoes.

There was a point in the past when women weren't allowed to vote but that changed because us as humans decided it was wrong to discriminate against others based on their gender. Change starts with each one of us. Once we open ourselves to new possibilities we realize that some old traditions are toxic and no longer necessary. Just because something isn't a norm now doesn't mean it won't be in the future. Women being able to vote wasn't a norm either but now it would be hard to imagine a world without them having that right.

Broad-mindedness and tolerance are the keys to a better, more welcoming world.

"Dad! C'mon! How much longer do we have to wait?"

Sorry, loves, I'd love to stay and chat a bit more but duty calls.

"I'm coming." I called out and closed my laptop before grabbing my jacket and exiting the room.

"Finally! What took you so long?" My son began complaining because he was really good at that. What can I say, he learned it from the best.

"Hey! Don't sass me!" I scolded him with a light smile on my face until I noticed something. "Why are you alone? Where's your sister, Daniel?"