Chapter 70

Warning - This chapter contains themes that may be upsetting to some readers.

***

Where the hell did Andrew go? Why isn't he coming back?

I've waited long enough. If I don't do something it might be too late for that poor girl...

No. I can't let that happen! I can't watch someone else die. Not again...

Even if it's a total stranger she's still a human and she needs help.

If anyone can save her it's me. After all, I know it too well what it feels like to be in her shoes and that's something I wouldn't wish to even my greatest enemy.

I tried to get up from my bed but something was tying me up on the spot. I looked down and noticed the wires that were connected to my arm. I swiftly got rid of them which was way more complicated than they make it seem like on those TV shows. Oh, I almost forgot to mention how painful it was peeling those things away from my skin.

Once my bare feet touched the floor it felt so uncomfortable that my legs started wobbling which made it extremely difficult to stand. It was even harder taking steps but I pushed my limits because someone's life was at stake. There was no time to think about myself.

I also needed to avoid the hospital staff because if even a nurse saw me they'd definitely make me return to my room. I didn't have time to find clothes in my room so I just went outside with my hospital gown, ignoring the fact that I was basically freezing. Later it felt like I was stepping on ice as my toes became numb from the coldness of the tiles underneath me.

As soon as I opened the door I noticed someone walking towards me so I immediately went back inside. I waited for a few seconds and once I heard his footsteps passing down the hallway I reopened the door. Thankfully this time there was no one else disturbing my plan. I tiptoed to not attract any unnecessary attention.

Unfortunately, I had no idea where the hell I was going because I didn't know how to get to the rooftop so I started looking for a building map. After a few unsuccessful attempts I was finally able to locate where the staircase was. I knew I couldn't use the elevator because that would surely get me caught.

But walking up the stairs was basically like being tortured in the depths of hell. It was hard enough by itself and my head injury definitely wasn't helping. Everything began spinning around me as I struggled to breathe and for a second I almost fell backwards. Thankfully my grip was still strong and I didn't let go of the handrail but I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be able to hold on. I was so close yet so far from my destination.

As I finally reached the rooftop and opened the door my body was about to fail me. My headaches got more intense. I rubbed my hand under my nose and felt liquid pouring down on my fingers. At first I thought it was because of the rain but once I looked down I saw blood dripping down on my wrist.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I'm so confused about the fact that there were absolutely zero security guards up there. It still baffles me how the hell I, a guy with a head trauma, managed to walk all the way up to the top floor faster than the actual people whose obligation it is to protect the patients of this hospital. Ugh, I wasn't going to say anything at first but I knew something fishy was going on in this place when I spoke to that doctor. I assumed he was only being rude because he was tired but now I'm practically convinced that people in this stupid hospital don't even know how to do their jobs properly. I'm disappointed but I can't say I'm surprised. I wasn't expecting much from this town but c'mon, someone is trying to kill herself and nobody came here to stop her except of me? Also where the hell did Andrew go? That guy is not reliable at all. I guess that saying was correct after all - if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.