Chapter 45

"Are you sure Allyson won't mind me being there? She and I aren't exactly friends anymore..."

"I asked Tae-soo and he said she wouldn't mind." I answered. "It's too late to go back now, we're almost there."

Tiffany clearly wasn't very enthusiastic about this whole situation but she didn't outright say no so I was still maintaining my positive outlook on everything. I wanted to get to know her better and also spend some time with my old friend Tae-soo so I asked him where we could go in this town to have some fun.

He was very excited but there weren't really any interesting places we could visit here especially because of the snow that covered pretty much everything. After a while he finally remembered about this ice rink where we could go for ice skating. He suggested that it would be a fun activity to do with friends. At first I was oppose to the idea because I'd never skated on anything in my life and I knew very well I was going to end up breaking one of my bones for sure but he was pretty persistent and finally managed to convinced me that he'd help me learn it I finally agreed.

Going there alone with Tae-soo and Allyson seemed like not so great of a plan to me because I didn't want to feel like a third wheel. In the end I asked Tiffany to come with me and she said yes and that's where we were going now. Actually we were practically almost there already.

"So... are you good at ice skating?" I asked when Tiffany stopped the car and we began walking towards the building.

"Actually I'm really good at it. Zack and I used to go here when we were kids but I haven't been here since he passed away..." She answered with a sad expression which she quickly switched with a smile as her eyes fell on me. It didn't surprise me one bit that she was a capable ice skater. She just seemed like someone who was naturally good at sports. Although her figure was quite thin her posture, the way she carried herself, her body language, they all screamed athleticism.

"Oh... I'm so sorry." I apologized after her brother was mentioned since I didn't want her to reminisce about memories that were painful to her. "If it's too hard for you then we don't have to go..."

"No, don't worry about it. I wouldn't have come if that were the case." Tiffany grinned and tried to look unbothered. "This is actually quite exciting. I think it'll be fun and we'll get to know each other better."

"I'm a little scared if I'm being honest. I've never skated before so I'm probably going to fail miserably." I joked but there was some truth in that joke. "I just hope we won't need to call the ambulance..."

"You're exaggerating. I'm sure you'll be fine." Tiffany giggled and tucked her red hair behind her ear. "Tae-soo and I will be there to help you too."

Speak of the devil soon I noticed him and his girlfriend near the entrance waiting for us and I started waving my palm in the air when he gazed at our direction. His eyes lit up from enthusiasm once he recognized us as he greeted us warmly. I said hi to Allyson as well who looked like was already having a lot of fun.

A few minutes later we finally got inside and my stomach dropped. I suddenly felt so nervous that my hands started shaking and the fact that it was so cold in there didn't help my condition at all.

When I put on ice skates on my feet and tried to get up I almost fell. But that wasn't even the worst part. Once I actually got on the ice my legs started moving in the complete opposite directions and I would have definitely broken something if Tae-soo hadn't been there to catch me.

And then my worst nightmare became reality. I tripped on something and fell on my butt. Thankfully there weren't a lot of people on the rink to witness how I humiliated myself but I did notice that some of them were glancing at my direction. Although none laughed I was still a bit self-conscious.