Chapter 48

Shit!

I broke my phone, damn it!

Ugh... it's not turning on.

How am I supposed to contact Sofia now? I don't even know her number or anyone else's number for that matter. All of my contacts were on that stupid device.

Whatever I don't have time for this. I have to go immediately. Before Andrew does something completely stupid...

My mind was all over the place. I couldn't even think straight. For a few seconds I was just standing there frozen, completely unable to move wondering about a way I'd be able to fix everything.

Once I finally regained my consciousness and took back control over my own body I soon realized that there was no time to be in shock. I had to come up with a plan to return to my hometown as fast as I could.

The only thing I could think of that was going to bring me there was a train but I didn't know when it would be leaving so I checked the train timetable on the internet and found out that I still had about two hours left. I bought a ticket online and started getting ready as I prepared a bag with some snacks just in case I got hungry which I doubted would happen since typically in these sorts of situations the last thing I wanted was to eat. I even managed to take a quick shower.

The train station was pretty far away from my grandma's house so once I left I would have to get a taxi or something so I began scanning my wallet for cash. Before I was able to find anything I heard someone knocking on the door.

I got startled because I wasn't expecting anyone but when I answered the door I remembered that my friend told me she was going to come over after work.

"Hey... I brought some movies we can watch..." Tiffany smiled cheerfully at first but when she saw my face her good mood completely switched. "Jesse? What's wrong? You don't look so well. Is everything alright?"

"No... Nothing is alright..." I sighed and tried not to get too emotional. "I completely forgot that you were coming. Sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel our plans... I have to go back to my hometown and I don't have much time left..."

"Wait what?" Tiffany got even more worried. "Why in the world would you ever go back to that horrible place? Don't you remember what happened the last time you were there? Not to mention that you are in no condition to travel. You look so ill you can barely even stand."

"That doesn't matter... I have to go..." I barely blurted out. "He needs my help."

"Who?"

"I have to find Andrew before he does something stupid..." I sort of zoned out and stared muttering to myself. "This is all my fault. What if something happens to him? All I wanted was for him to have a bright future but now he may ruin his entire life because of me... I have to stop him..."

Tiffany was clearly very confused since she didn't know much about my life so she couldn't possibly understand why I was in a panic mode. But she was a very smart individual and even her presence somehow made me feel a lot better.

"Jesse, you need to relax... Take a deep breath and tell me what's going on after you calm down." She put her hand on my shoulder sympathetically and tried to make me feel as comfortable as she could.

I did as Tiffany suggested and after a few seconds I was feeling almost completely fine. My anxiousness was still very prevalent but at least now I was able to breathe properly.

"I don't even know where to start..." Even summarizing everything in my own head presented a struggle so saying it out loud was way more difficult than I originally anticipated. "I don't have much time so I have to keep it short. Basically my friend is in a huge trouble and it's all my fault so I have to leave immediately and help him."