Chapter 15

"You lied to me!" After a few minutes of awkward silence Andrew finally spoke to me. I didn't dare to break the tension between us so I just stayed quiet and sat in his car.

"Oh, and here I thought you were giving me the silent treatment." I answered without removing my eyes from the road.

"You said that you were going to study for the test." Andrew completely ignored what I just said. "But instead you almost beat someone to death."

"Okay, Okay. I'm sorry that I lied to you but what else could I do? That guy was gonna rape my friend and I had to stop him. I don't regret what I did because I know it was the right thing to do. Maybe I was a little too violent but I had a lot of anger boiling inside me because of my own personal problems too. Besides I also have anger management issues and let's be honest you were being pretty unreasonable when you said I couldn't visit my friends. They were the only people I could share my problems with and it's been really hard having to go through everything by myself... I'm talking way too much again, aren't I? I'm sorry for what I did, okay? I didn't mean to deceive you in any way. But you're just as much to blame because you're giving me these ridiculous orders and being super rude to me for no reason. Can't we just get along nicely. How about a truce? I promise to discuss everything with you if you promise you'll stop bossing me around so much and give me a little space."

"You're in no position to negotiate. If you lie to me one more time I'll make your life a living nightmare." Even though Andrew was still on the fence I could sense he was slowly but surely cooling down.

"It already is a living nightmare so you'll have to try thinking of something more original." I joked to ease the tension but it didn't seem like it worked so I preferred to change the subject. "Where are we going anyways, this isn't the way of your house?"

"You'll know when we get there." Andrew answered shortly. His sight was still glued to the road and it was obvious he was really exhausted based on the bags underneath eyes. Probably because he had that football game yesterday and then he had to get me out of jail. Doing them both must have negatively affected his sleeping schedule which made me feel bad because that was all my fault.

"Anyways, I wanted to thank you for what you did for me. I'm not sure why you bothered to go through all the trouble but I really appreciate it." My statement somehow changed his mood but not in a good way unfortunately. Seeing his reaction made me realize he was likely in a bad mood so I assumed he just didn't want to talk and continued blabbing about a different subject. Probably should have just kept my mouth shut. "I guess you had your reasons and you don't want to tell me what they were. Okay, if that's the case let's talk about something else. Um, how did the game end, did you win?"

"Yes, of course we won." Andrew replied abruptly as the car was slowing down. Then he parked around the corner and looked directly at me. "We're done talking, now get out."

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"I said get out." He repeated but his tone wasn't harsh at all which was a surprise. "We're already here."

He then pointed his index finger to my right and as I followed it I saw that the car was stopped near a hospital. "What are we doing here?"

"You need to be examined by the doctor." Andrew opened the door from his side and I wasn't able to argue with him. Besides, considering the hell I went through the previous night, seeing a doctor was not a bad idea at all so I didn't protest.

Soon my examination started and Andrew left me with the doctor. They told me that I wasn't seriously injured, thankfully and all I needed was some rest and a few stitches.