Chapter 28

When I came back from school, which was super stressful by the way, I went to my room and threw my bag on the floor. After that I lied on my bed exhausted and closed my eyes, hoping I'd be able to take a short nap.

Andrew wasn't home yet since he had football practice so I felt at ease. It wasn't like I had a problem with him or anything but I just felt a little weird whenever I was around him and what was more annoying was the fact that I couldn't specifically say why.

I mean, it's kind of absurd because I enjoy spending time with him but at the same time I feel like there's something wrong with the whole situation. It's like he's hiding an important information from me but the closer he gets to telling me the truth further away he distances himself from me to avoid being vulnerable. I hope everything's okay with him and it's nothing serious. God, what if he has an incurable disease or something and he's too afraid to admit it. Poor Andrew... Wait that can't be true. He wouldn't lie about that would he? I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking it. He's probably fine and just likes toying with my emotions. Stupid jerk.

I was about to fall asleep but I forgot to use the bathroom and I always had trouble sleep whenever my bladder was full so I got up from my bed. I was planning on peeing and then going back to my bed to take that long awaited nap but when I tried to open up the bathroom door it was locked. I figured that it must have either been Andrew's parents or his sister so I just waited as I took a few steps away from the door just to avoid an awkward encounter with whoever was inside.

After about 15 seconds I heard somebody breaking the silence and recognized Andrew's dad's voice. Mr. Peter sounded a little off but I didn't want to be rude and eavesdrop his conversation. However, my curiosity was way stronger than my manners so I put my ear on the door to hear better.

I soon realized he was talking on the phone since there was only his voice coming out of there.

"What? You did that?" He said with a suspicious tone. "Oh... Really? Well, I guess that will be more than enough to prove your loyalty... Alright.... Yes, this means that you have my full support but I wouldn't be too hopeful about that if I were you."

Okay, I have no idea what the hell he's talking about, maybe it's an adult thing, or maybe he's helping out his friend. Either way, it doesn't really concern me as far as I'm aware. And I'm not really interested in those kinds of conversations in general so I better get the hell out of here before I get caught because that would be humiliating as hell and I doubt can handle any more humiliation in my life.

I went back to my room and turned on my laptop just to pass some time. Soon I remembered that I still had to pee but I waited for a little while just to make sure I wouldn't bump into Andrew's dad again and once the coast was clear I went to the bathroom again. I barely made it there as I was twisting my legs together hoping my bladder wasn't going to explode. Thankfully I managed to get to the toilet before I peed myself.

When I was finished with my business and washed my hands I felt a little hungry and grabbed some food from the kitchen. Soon Andrew came back from his football practice and greeted me.

"Hey," he offered a polite smile. "I'm going to take a quick shower and then we can leave."

"I'm sorry, what?" I was confused because I had no idea we were going somewhere. He hadn't mentioned any details regarding this particular matter so of course I was caught off guard. But honestly I shouldn't have been surprised considering Andrew had been making plans for us without discussing it with me first ever since I was forced to move into his house. "What do you mean exactly?"

"Didn't you get my text?" He replied casually.

"No, what text?" I reached down to my pocket but my phone wasn't in there. I guess I must have left it in my room.