Epilogue

MELANIE

"You may kiss the bride." The priest says and all at once, Clarissa gently takes her husband face into her hands and place soft kisses on his lips, silently running her pretty fingers in his hair which led to a series of loud claps and shouts from the crowd.

Glancing towards Nick who happens to be the best man and I, the bride's maid, I couldn't help laughing at the look on his face. He may have accepted Clarissa husband but he really isn't ready to let down his guard yet even though I keep telling him he doesn't have a say—honestly this just reminds of him and Collen all over again.

Graduating from school has always been
a myth for me, I hear people talk about it a lot but I never had once thought of it. Before meeting Nick, I had planned on dropping out of school, my grades were bad, my mum didn't have the money and honestly no one seemed to like me but here I am standing with my peach gown with the man I love so much right in front of me, successfully graduated.

After graduation, we had a big party with Nick's family, mine and Rubsy—But of course we left our parents in their tables and went out to an amusement park to have a much more fun.

We talked about college and Nick was all in applying for my college, Rubsy also surprised us that she would be applying too—call it fate but to me it's honestly the most beautiful thing ever, I never want to lose any of them, I've lost one before and I'm not ready to lose another. Diana and Frank weren't ready to come back together but everyone sees them later becoming a strong couple. Carlos isn't the type to open up about himself and no one can really tell how he feels but he may just have someone who he will pour his whole heart to...

"Okay everyone, we need your attention. You all need to go outside for a little while, there would be a nice surprise waiting for you all."

Not wasting a second, everyone began spilling outside waiting for the big surprise. Soon I felt someone take my hands and looking up at the person, I couldn't control my smile, he also had a big smile on his face now.

"So you're smiling now?" I ask, chuckling when I remember how his face looked like during the wedding. He tightens his grip, it felt like he was telling me indirectly that he never wants to let go of me.

"I was actually smiling internally." He laughs too and I shake my head at him, elbowing his stomach.

With both of our hands intertwine, we both step out and apparently everyone was already outside too. Soon a countdown begins on the clock and everyone began getting excited knowing the big surprise was going to be an art work of fire work.

"Ten." The countdown begins and everyone shouts in unison.

"Nine." We both look towards each other, excitingly counting down with the others.

"Eight."

"Seven."

"Si..."

"You know how much I love you, right?" Nick says, making me not to complete six with the others. Looking up at him, I notice his gaze now serious and I nod my head which made him giggle softly.

Five.

"I know. But Nick, aren't you going to let go of my hand now." I gesture towards it, of course I didn't even want to let go of him but it's kind of cute asking him about it.

Four.

"Hmm," he sighs sliding his other hand inside his pocket. "How can I let go of someone, whose just a mere touch of the hand could be so hot?" My heart suddenly skip a beat as I feel shivers around my body, watching him stare at the sky.

Three.

My heart was thumping and my feet shuffled clumsily. Of course I've heard him say that before but I guess It always hits me hard because he always says it with serious gaze.

Two.

"Like this." I whisper softly as I let go of his hand. Grabbing his cheeks with my hand, I bring his face closer to mine and kiss him gently on his lips and soon 'one'—The fireworks goes out causing me to flinch but definitely not stopping. Slipping his hand around my waist, he gently carries me up from the ground and my leg quickly snakes around his waist. There were lots of screams from people around us in excitement for the fireworks but in that very moment, it felt as though only us...just us existed in the whole fucking world.

**********

Like a myth, I couldn't understand her.

She was far from perfect. She was complicated. Damaged.

Her pain. Her past. Her guilt... I wanted to heal it all.

With just a mere touch, I could feel her possessing me.

Through ways and means.

Through heart and soul

... She had me.

THE END🎉

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING DAMNED BUT MINE. THANK YOU TO ALL THE READERS WHO SUPPORTED DBM, WITHOUT YOU GUYS THIS BOOK WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. 

.