Chapter 38

MELANIE

Nervously I ended the call. With my phone still in my hand, I stared into thin air, unaware of what I had just agreed on.

It's a date...

...and I didn't even think about it before agreeing.

My fingers found it's way to my hair as they began ruffling it. I felt my feet shuffling clumsily and I couldn't stop it. Pacing back and forth of my room, I brought my thumb to my mouth but after a while stopped when I realized I've been chewing on my nails.

I can't be that nervous to bite my nails.

I know a date could be fun and scarily romantic but it's my first time. He's probably been to other dates with his exes but I haven't. This is my first so no one should blame me if I'm not experienced enough.

"Wait a second." I scoffed, giving out a little chuckle. "He could just be joking and playing with me."I nodded, hoping my thoughts were right.

And with that I threw my phone to the rumpled bed. I had a quick glance at my room, it was really untidy. My clothes were tossed all over and my boots and shoes all in different positions.

With a quick sigh, I decided to have it cleaned up. I arranged my shoes properly and had my clothes all in my closet. My last reproach was my bed. About arranging it, I stopped.

"He could also not be joking." I muttered to myself. My thoughts kept playing tricks with me and I didn't even know which of them to believe.

I stared into space but soon realized it, "Oh my God! He's definitely not joking."

Not wasting any more time, I search my bed for my phone which I tossed earlier on it. Ughh! I groaned loudly but finally saw it under the sheets.

Opening my contact list, I began scrolling, "Who should I call?" For a short minute I debated between Brie and Rubs but I guess Rubsy would do.

I sat on my bed as I dialed her number, waiting patiently. After the first two rings, she picked up, "Hello!" She said so cheerfully. It almost like she was eating cause it sounded like her mouth was chewing on something.

"Hey." I said acting normal. Was this normal? I really do not know.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I could hear some noises from the back ground which sounded like a whole lot of little kids. My definition of hell.

"I'm... I'm good. I'm... I'm fine." I swallowed hard, "Why do you ask?"

"I... Never mind. So why did you call?"

I breathed out, "Could you come to my house in the..." I glanced at the clock, "... next 15 minutes ?"

"You could just tell me now so if I'm not interested, I won't bother coming."

"Please, it's really important."

"How so?"

I groan loudly, "For fuck sake Rubs, just come and I'll tell you everything."

"Promise?"

"Promise." I roll my eyes when I hear her grin.

Rubsy informed me some minutes ago that she would be here soon. I hopped fully into my bed and after some few minutes, I heard my phone beep.  Tilting my head, I saw it was Rubsy. She wrote, I should come get the door downstairs for her.

I chuckle at the message as I made myself more comfortable. I sat as I silently run my fingers along the edge of my pillow case. Mum was downstairs so she need not to worry.