Chapter 35

The amazing cover attached was made by Sassy_Madonna

Thank you so much for taking the time to make it!! 💗💗

                        MELANIE

No doubt mum wasn't at home by this time or perhaps, maybe she had gone out but I wasn't taking any chances. I had climbed up to my room through the window. With all her calls from last night, I really think she must have been worried but I didn't have time to call back, I just replied with a simple tet saying I was okay and in school.

Tossing my bag gently on the floor, I  remembered what happened earlier at Nick's house. To be honest, I really had a thought that maybe, just maybe she would be happy to see me and we would have this hearty breakfast she had prepared but everything isn't so easy after all. Forgetting all about it, I look to my door, it was wide open.

Tip toeing, I took the door knob and began closing it, I stop when it made a creak sound, sticking my head out to see if mum was coming. Noticing she wasn't in sight, I closed it all the way. I put my ear on the door to listen but I didn't hear a foot step. I lock the door with the keys so if she ever tries opening it, it won't budge.

I undressed myself quietly. I sat down on my bed and when I stooped low to take off my shoes, there was a noise from outside. I stopped but I couldn't make out what was going on.

After having my bath, I laid on my bed. I couldn't make a sound neither could I go downstairs even though I was extremely hungry.  I thought of Rubsy and what she would be doing by now, I guess she'll be so bored but what if her and Nick are close friends now.

I shake my head. Even though they are, why do I care?

Time always tend to move slowly when you are bored but faster when you have the sweetest thing doing. I sat up having thought of the best thing to do. Getting ready I put my hair in a messy bun before grabbing my phone. I took in a deep breathe, I really wanted to text him, I think that's what girls do and I'm definitely doing him a favor since he's probably stranded up in class.

I exercised my fingers, about to type hi I stopped. I heard mum running down the stairs again. Being a little curious, I got down from the bed and tip toed my way to the door. I put my ear just behind the door and again heard her running but what was she doing?

"Should I go out and check?" I muttered to myself but shake my head after wards. That's just suicide

Suddenly the running stopped. I flinch when I hear her room door slam. I didn't know if she was the one who slammed it or the wind must have caused it too. I put the keys into the key hole and unlocked it. Before making another move, I place my ear on the door but there was no sound from her. I got hold of the door knob and slide the door open.