Chapter 31

MELANIE

"You do know how to cook, don't you?" she asked and I nodded quickly.

"Great, cause that's the only thing I'm not good at. Well I'm not good at many stuff but cooking is definitely one of it." She smiled as she still had my hands in hers, leading me downstairs.

I didn't want to stay any longer. My aim was to do this lesson and go back home. He didn't even get to teach me anymore since his aunty showed up. I asked myself If I was too rude when I was with him? I needed to stop every connection we had cause the more we connected, the more it's hard to stop falling.

She let's go of me as soon as we got to the kitchen's door. Opening the cupboard, she began getting all the ingredients out, I just stood there waiting since I didn't know what she wanted to do.

I saw her smiling at me before she pointed, "Could you pass me those knife?" she said making me look to where her fingers were pointing, "I'll really kill for some apple." she continued.

Nodding without saying a word, I walked up to the set of knifes and took the large ones...

"No the little ones, I want to cut the apple before eating it."

"Oh okay." I dropped the ones I grabbed earlier in exchange for the smaller ones. With respect, I handed the knife to her when after she grabbed an apples from the bowl of fruits and began cutting it.

"Is he coming?" She whispered

"Is who coming?" I asked not knowing what to do but to whisper back.

"Nick for Christ sake, is he walking down the stairs?"

"Oh, I don't think he is, I don't hear a foot steps." I replied, having now clue why she was asking.

Suddenly she took my hand into hers again and lead me to the parlor where she sat me down. She picked a sliced apple on her plate and handed to me.

I felt strange and uneasy, this was actually the first time I sat in his couch even though I see it all the time. I kept picking at my finger, I really wanted to stop but I couldn't, well who wouldn't when you are alone with someone you know literally nothing about.

Anyone could tell I looked lost at her actions, I sat at one position as she kept looking at me smiling so broadly, "Aren't... Aren't we cooking again?" I asked since that was the only question that could probably escape my lip at the moment.

"Oh please, that was just an excuse to get you out of there. I really wanted you to myself as he kept interrupting me and shutting me up. You know sometimes I think he forgets I senior him by a lot but still he doesn't respect for, maybe it's because I play a lot." She laughs and I returned it back... Awkwardly.

"I'm Johanna by the way. I know I'm old but I don't like to feel old, so you don't have to call me aunt Johanna but just Johanna or even Johan, sounds great right?" She smiled.

"You don't have to feel awkward dear. It's alright, okay?"

My mind was racing. I couldn't believe I could have so many thoughts just in a moment. Surprisingly scenes from movies kept raining in my mind, this is why is never good to watch too much movie.

Was she about to tell me not to date her nephew? No way that's too obvious or is she about to say I look too bad for her nephew, at least today I didn't wear a ripped jeans or is it a whole new plot twist where she's the mother, or is it...

"Are you okay there, it seems your mind has traveled far."

"No," I laughed awkwardly, "I'm perfectly fine." I was about to pick at my finger before deciding not to when I remembered Rubsy saying I do that a lot.