Chapter 13 : Part 2

NICK

Math being the last class for the day, classes were over but the student who they all seem to have nicknamed the overachiever of the class reminds the teacher he had forgotten to assign homeworks to us. Loud groans and grumbles fill the room as everyone told him to keep shut but it was too late as teach already heard his request.

Seated down, I remember what we had done to the overachiever we had in my transfered school back in Chicago—sometime around last year, he reminded about the teach about homeworks and after that the whole class sat him down and warned him or should I say threatened him.

After assigning us with loads of homeworks, he walks out. Taking off my text books and note books, I shove them all, one by one, into my bag. Wearing my bag over my left shoulder, I stand up from my seat and slipped out of the room—i didn't have much time with me to mingle with Frank and the guys today.

Taking a step out of the class into the hallway, I feel a grip on my arm. Hoping it wasn't Frank or the guys, I turn around, breathing a sigh of relief when I saw it was Melanie. My gaze suddenly shifts to her nose but they weren't bleeding anymore, I guess it was good now.

"What is it?" I looked down at her hand on my arm, squinting to make sure I wasn't seeing things but quickly she removes her hold, with scruched up nose as she cleans out imaginary dust from the hand.

"What do you mean, what?" With furrowed eyebrows, she stares at me like I was forgetting something important. "Did you forget about—" But of course she couldn't say the word in front of students. "You being my tutor." She whispered to me and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"I haven't forgotten." I answered plainly.

"Then why were you—" she almost trailed off. "Anyways, I'm free today. I'm not going to work so we can start today, right?" I watched as she combed her hair with her fingers still whispering.

"Yeah."

"Yeah." She shrugs mimicking me, "The least you could do is pretend that you're actually enjoying this so please stand in front of the the double doors of the school and I'll meet you there in a few minute. Don't move, I don't have the strength looking for someone. Don't move and inch." I said nothing as she patted me on the shoulder before hurrying off.

Seated in one of the cold bench placed in every corner of the school, I pulled out of my grey jeans, my phone. For days, I decided strongly against logging into my Instagram but thinking about Rosie, I couldn't help it. Today I didn't even feel like looking through my Instagram feed but instead, I just wanted to know how she was doing—I know, I'm such an idiot.

In her page, I notice she had posted a recent picture just one day ago. Clicking on it, trying my best not to give it a heart, I stare at it, my gaze not shifting from it even for one second. Observing the picture, I could tell it was taken in her parlour. She had a cheerful smile, her full lips painted in Cherry red and her eyes all smokey. In a red gown, which exposed her back that were ever milky white and her nails coloured red, in other words, she was indeed stunning. Soon a thought flash through my mind, "Where was she going to, dressed like this?" But then another thought came fort, "Going on a date or not, what is it to me?"

"Who is that?" The owner of that voice being so familiar, I jump up in surprise, my phone almost slipping away from my hand. Turning around, I quickly hide the phone behind me. It was Melanie. She cock her head and tilts it to the left, trying to inspect and awkwardly, I follow the movement of her head. "Who's that?" She asked again, this time a smile gradually forming on her lips.

"Who's who?" I play dumb even though I have a hundred percent clue of who she was talking about.

"The girl," she points towards the phone, "The hot one in the red dress... Oh my God!" She exclaimed, stunning me. "Are you a stalker? Don't tell me—"