Chapter 19

MELANIE

At dawn the following morning, I turn away from the window, trying my best to escape the bright sunlight piercing into my eyes. With my eyes shut close, I curl up, making myself more comfortable as I enjoy the warmth of the blanket on my body. Sniffing on the pillow, it smelt different, "When did my pillow smell this good?" I thought, sniffing it even more. Remembering today is a school day, I groan loudly, feeling a slight pain on stomach. Yawning, I slowly and sluggishly rise from the bed. Rubbing both of my eyes with my hand, my eyes soon opens fully. Using my left hand to gently rub my stomach, I look around, "When did my room get this neat?" I smile, stretching my arms in the air. Blinking severally, I wonder what happened yesterday, asking myself if it was all a dream.

Wait! My eyes shot open, giving me a clearer view of the room. "This... This is Nick's room." Quickly I jump down from the bed.

"How... How did I get here? Oh God!" I groan, grabbing a fistful of my hair as every tiny detail from last night reeled into my head. Letting go of my hair, I hurriedly grab the blanket tossing it to the floor and scattering his bed sheet. Falling my butt to the floor, I gave out a sigh of relief, lucky enough I didn't stain his sheets cause tampons don't last for long.

"What was he touching last night? I could have sworn I felt his hands on my stomach." Looking down at my arm, I notice my cuts were boldly showing. "Where's my jacket." Covering the cuts with my hand, I look around, my eyes focused on the floor as I search for it. Soon I see it sprawled on the floor along side with my bag.

Hurriedly I grab it off the floor. About putting it on me, I remember I haven't had my bath yet. "Talking about bathing!" I panic, snapping my head towards the bathroom door. I jump up in shock at the ringing of a phone. Seeing it was mine, I quickly run to the lamp stand where it sat and silence it—Nick had warned me yesterday to try my best not to make a sound.

Pressing the on button, hoping it was Brielle, my eyes shot open seeing ten missed calls and two new messages; seven calls from mum and three calls and two messages from Brielle. "How did I not hear it? Did I sleep do deep?"

Knowing I would reply later, I was about sliding my phone into jeans pocket when the phone beep. Bringing it up to my face, it was a message from, Nick? "How does he have my number? Nobody in class does. And how the hell is it saved already?"

Sighing I open the message and read it— "Just wanted to let you know, I didn't use my bathroom this morning so stop wondering if I used it or not. I actually used the guest bathroom, which was kind of awkward but yeah." Reading I notice myself smiling "And don't forget to get your stuff out of my room and come to school early." And there goes my smile.

After reading the message, I went over to Brielle's message. "I've arrived Mel. Well I got here earlier but I couldn't really message you. I'm sorry B." I smile, shaking my head as though she was standing before me. I reply back telling her, I would video call her after school. Sliding my phone into my jeans, I didn't bother calling my mum cause I know exactly what she was going to say, I'd see her anyways today.

Taking off my jeans in the middle of the room, I soon stop. "What am I doing?" I ask myself, having a full glance around the room, slowly sliding my jeans back up. "There could be a fucking camera somewhere. Why does it feel like he's here, looking at me?" Soon my eyes meet the cloak hung on the wall, I check the time and it was already 7:01. "Shit!" I hurriedly rush into the bathroom and I see my panties that was hung perfectly there, it looks pretty dry now.

Having my bath was weird, so weird that I kept looking around. I couldn't even use anything, I didn't have my towel or even a tooth brush. Finally done, I spent minutes looking at his towel and his towel, at me. Knowing it was wrong using his towel, I stood quietly waiting in the bathroom till my body dried up a little. The only thing I could possibly use was the mouth wash, I swear this is so weird. "As from today, I'm never forgetting the day I start again.