Chapter 27

NINE YEARS AGO

The loud siren from the ambulance fill my ears, I can't feel my body, for some reason I can't move. Immediately I was rode out from the ambulance by some ladies and men in white. With my eyes slightly open, I blinked them out and I figured out they were four of them, including my mum, they all looked like they were in a hurry. Feeling mum cold hand on my cheek, I could tell she was trembling.

My eyes scanning around myself, I couldn't see my father anywhere. Where is he? Why am I the only one being taken care of when we both had an accident. Slowly my eyes began to close shut as I felt a sharp needle on my skin. I really hope everything is okay.

           SEVEN HOURS EARLIER

Today is the twentieth of October 2009, the bright sun shone into my room from out the window and the house was filled with the delicious smell of mum tasty breakfast. Some few minutes, mum had finished giving me a bath and dressing me up in a pink gown with my pink bow on my short brunette hair. There was still some time left so instead of going downstairs, I decided to play with my dolls.

Done stuffing all my dolls back into their playhouse—at least, they've all had their breakfast this morning—I smile at my little arrangement, waving all of them good bye as I mention their names. Grabbing my little pony into my arm, I leave my room, shutting the door behind me, unfortunately miss pony it's the only one I get to carry out with me while the rest stays home.

Slowly walking down the stairs to not fall over or miss my steps since apparently that has happened a dozen time but mum tells me I shouldn't worry since my legs were still short. Finally downstairs, I see my parents, dad was reading the newspaper while mum was in the kitchen, he kept showing her something on the papers that they didn't even see me.

Quietly sneaking in, with my legs tip toed, I walk in quickly, "Roar!" I shout, hoping for dad to fall over his seat but looking at me with those eyes, they just burst into laughter, well so much for sneaking.

"Were you trying to scare us?" Dad ask as he laughs loudly, "You always do that every morning now but still can't do it well." Pouting my lips with a sad face, I turn around to leave. "And where do you think you're going to?" I hear him say and in the next second, he grabs me from the floor, placing me on his shoulder, laughing excitedly, I just kept using the pony to hit his head.

"Oh no sweetie, you can't bring miss pony with you." Mum successfully grabs it from my hand the moment dad drops me down.

"But,"

"No buts." She throws miss pony into the waste bin and suddenly I began to feel my eyes tearing up.

"Honey, you know that was her best." Dad spoke up about to pick it from the bin but mum only glares at him making him take a step back. 

Looking down at me, she kneels down quickly, placing her hands on my shoulder. "Don't cry baby," using her thumbs, she wipes away the tears flowing down. "The reason why mummy threw away miss pony is because I plan on buying you a huge castle as we're going out." She demonstrates with her hand how big it was going to be and suddenly I stop crying.

"Really?" I ask in excitement, quickly wiping away the tears before she changes her mind. "I finally get to have a big castle for all my princesses?" 

"Yes baby, a big castle for all of them. I only threw out miss pony because she's already a little dirty and she has a lot of sores already, don't you think she's already old and we should let her rest now." She ask and I didn't hesitate to nod, agreeing to every word she said. "Okay, that's my little girl." She kisses me on my cheek before standing up and again she was taller than me. She walks to my dad and gives him a little kiss on his lips before heading upstairs.