Chapter 7

MELANIE

Slowly I let go of the door knob. For some reason the room goes silent—even the music had been turned down making me nervous to turn back but eventually I did and I see boss already seated with a young raven haired beauty. As she curled his hair with her finger tips, whispering what I consider cringe worthy words to his ear, I had a feeling I have seen her before—probably she was at the bar once but doesn't boss have a wife?

Obeying his command, I take two steps forward, "I have to return to the bar." I say sharply. "They need me out there." I pointed towards the door that was still shut. As much as I hate work and consider everything tiring, I had act as though I was willing to give an helping hand if ever want to leave this room.

But instead he chuckles, "I'm sure Brie can handle all that." The raven haired who was trying her best to look worthy finally kisses his cheek—from the way she was smiling, you'd know she's been trying to earn that.

Rolling my eyes, "You know Brie don't do bar, she's more into dancing"

"Are you sure about? I've been observing all of you and I'm sure she filled up for you today, otherwise you won't be here."

Great! He knows—stupid cameras. With a wide smile plastered on his face, he shakes his head at me. "Mel, Mel, Mel." As he sang my name in a chorus—I was pretty much assured I was already busted, doomed if I could say. He hissed as he stretches forward and yanks an expensive white wine from the table and pours a moderate amount into a glass. Soon he drugs it and hands it over to the raven haired—the most shocking thing is that she knew about it but she drinks it whole heartedly with a huge fat smile. What is wrong with people these days?

"I don't need an explanation from you. Take a look around you, everyone is free and crazy." At least he got that clarified. "As your boss, I just need you to loosen up. Break rules. Have some fun. Now sit here." He pats the space beside him and looking at that raven haired girl she was already a goner. I stood for a few seconds not knowing what to do but eventually I foolishly obliged.

Standing to his feet, he again pours wine into a glass, this time he hands it to me, "Here."

"I don't... I don't drink." I stutter

"Really? Well tonight is your lucky night so here." I had the right to reject it, the right to say no but I feel like it would be a bad idea if I were to refuse it. What if I lose my job? "Take it, my arms are getting tired."

"Sure." I take the glass. As he stood watching me I quickly take a sip, my face scruching in disgust the moment I did but instead I smile.

"Nice, right?" Nodding my head, I notice a man draw close to me.

"Hey, beautiful." A man old enough to be my father smiles weirdly beside me. He was practically already wasted and boy does he stink. The way he scanned my body gave me the chills, it was irritating. Seeing as he was about wrapping his arms round my waist, I slap his wrinkled hand away.

"Don't touch me."

A loud laugh erupts from his lips, "I must say," he says making me see his teeth that were already falling apart. "This one's a keeper Charles." I follow his eyes to see who he was talking to and it appears to be my boss. This was my first time hearing his name.

"Yeah, she is." He smiles, sipping on his wine. Soon I notice the raven haired girl wasn't beside him anymore. Where was she?

"Come on sweetie, don't be such a kill joy. Anything you want, I'd give you if we just have," he shows his index finger, pleading, "just one night stand with you and my life would be complete." He was, what was the word again, yes—disgusting.