Chapter 12

MELANIE

In turn, we stood at the door to the principals office, debating on who was capable enough on making the first move. Since all this started, I've wanted to see the principal, assuring him that I would pay more attention to my studies if he could only bring this down but now, standing here I didn't want that meeting to go like this, too bad it's the only chance I've got. "Now what?" I thought, staring at the door as my fingers lingered on the door keys. I have to confess, the reason why I haven't knocked yet is probably because I'm scared—I can't even see myself getting a hold of the door knob. Who can possibly tell what would happen or what he'd say the moment I walk in.

"You know there's a really fun saying which we could use here,"

"What saying?" I replied, glancing at the newbie who had been leaning against the wall waiting. To be honest here, I didn't care less to know what he was talking about but if I was going to hear him talk or walk into the principal's office, I'd choose him.

Stepping closer, a smile appearing on his face, one so broad you could tell he was about to say something so useless. "Ladies first." Suddenly, he grabs my wrist firmly.

"What are you doing?" I ask, struggling to remove his hand from my wrist but his hold were too firm. "Are you insane? Let go. Fucking let go of me." I whispered, punching him on his arm. He stood in silence gazing at me with his hands still wrapped tightly around my wrist. "Let go!" And with that, I push him away. Breathing heavily, I see the red marks of his hand on my wrist—looking up at him, he only chuckles.  

"Are you insane?" Rubbing my wrist to relieve myself from the pain, I hear my voice come out more of a whisper than a shout—anything to not alert the principal.

He shrugs, "I was going to put your hand there," He pointed. My eyes following his index finger, he was referring to the door knob. "I just got too angry and took it too far."

"You're crazy, don't you ever do that again."  And what the hell do you mean by ladies first? At this sort of situation, you're meant to be the one in charge."

"Apparently you're wrong about that. I told you earlier today we should just go along with it but you wouldn't just submit to it, would you?"

Eventually I let go of my wrist, "Watch and see how a girl can have more courage than a boy." Rolling my eyes, I remove my gaze from him and returned it back to the door before me. With my eyes on the door, I clench my hand in a fist and stretch out my arm in the process of knocking...

"Any moment now," He said. For some reason, he was seriously getting on my nerves. With his gaze fixed on me, he had one hand pressed against the wall, and the other inside his jeans pocket, "Should I teach you how to hold..."

"Shut up!" I glared at him, cutting him off in mid sentence. "Just shut up." I muttered, nervously turning back to the door.

"Fine, then knock."

"I'm... I'm going to." I stammered.

"Knock."

"Do you mind shutting up? I said I will."

"Really? Because all you've done since is stand there."

"Okay that's it newbie, one more word from you and swear I'd..."

"Would you two get in here? Now!"

I shut up, instantly putting my hand over mouth. Realising that was our principals voice coming from the other side of the door, I sigh knowing I was done for. I completely forgot I've been shouting and his room wasn't exactly soundproof. Why did I have to come here with him? Now thinking of all we've been saying, I only wish for the ground to open up and swallow me up—this wasn't going to go well at all. Slowly, I slightly open the door. Pushing my head in, I flinch when I saw the principal eyes on me. Eventually I walked in and the newbie followed behind