57. Frozen Treat Talk?

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written April 29 2021
Posted May 20 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on June 3 2021

Catching the culprit had been an easy affair, and much to Kaito's enjoyment, the editing and checking of the security cameras had been just as easy. He hadn't been caught shifting into a wolf and back, but it had still been quite relieving once he'd checked just to make sure "Want to skip the otters and go get ice cream now?" Kaito inquired as they left the guards to do their job. The face had been caught on camera so there wasn't any reason for the two of them to stick around. The paperwork could be done later.

Shinichi nodded "It's probably for the best" He agreed. If they're still around near the end, they'd probably be forced to do the paperwork there and then. He shot a glance at the other, noting that all the scratches that he'd gotten had disappeared "We should also put some plasters on you to hide your healing" His voice was lower as he spoke.

Kaito blinked "That's going to be a pain to deal with in the future" He was probably going to have to carry around bandages and plasters just to waste them. He skipped ahead to check the nearby map, ignoring the one that they already had.

The sleuth smiled as he watched Kaito walk a little bit ahead. If one didn't know any better, they wouldn't have been able to notice that the other had the faintest of limps hindering his steps. Shinichi was just grateful that it wasn't bothering Kaito too much or causing him pain "It's fine, you can help patch others up as well" It was the kind of think Kaito would do, so very little explanations would need to be given "We should have started carrying around medical supplies a long time ago" So many murders and incidents... Why didn't they think about that sooner?

Ear twitching, Kaito turned around to flick the other's forehead "Don't think about sad things" Indigos lit up "Think more about the happy things instead... Like ice cream" 

Shinichi snorted "Coffee is a better example" Coffee was life and nobody could change that for him.

Kaito's face scrunched up as he contemplated on whether or not he wanted to have another coffee argument before deciding that he didn't "Let's agree to disagree" He couldn't wait to have some double chocola- the strawberry swirl ice cream. With his default choice usually being something chocolatey, Kaito had a feeling that he'll be trying a lot of new flavours. That was one good thing about limiting his chocolate intake right? "It's a nice day out so it shouldn't be too hard to find some ice cream"

The sleuth hummed "True, if I remember correctly there was a new park nearby where a vendor often sets up shop" There'd been a murder there a few months ago. It had been a rather messy affair unfortunately.

"I hope they have some good ice cream" Surely it had to be good in order to stand a chance against all the stuff that the zoo had, right?

"All ice cream is good ice cream to you" Shinichi deadpanned. If it didn't melt, he was sure that Kaito would always have some on him.

Indigos narrowed "That there is a complete lie" His tail swished "I have higher standards than that"

Shinichi rolled his eyes, smiling as he did so"Okay, seafood flavoured ice cream is the exception" That one time he'd tricked Kaito into trying salmon flavoured ice cream had been hilarious, even if Kaito had felt sick for days afterwards. The magician wasn't allergic, the illness had all been in the other's head.

Kaito shuddered at the memory "That stuff shouldn't exist, it's a crime" How could one of his favourite treats be soiled like that? It was messed up, completely messed up.

"Okay" Shinichi knew that he'd never be able to convince the other to change his mind on the subject "So what are we going to do after ice cream?" They'd left early enough that it wasn't even noon yet.

"We will find something..." Kaito grinned "I haven't planned that part out yet but we'll find something to do" Going home would probably result in Shinichi reading his mystery books, which in turn could make him think about the recent murders "Maybe we could just hang out at the park?" It was sort of connected to a forest so maybe they could walk through that too?

"That's fine I guess" The sleuth shrugged, he had no problem with hanging out with Kaito. Things were rarely dull when the magician was involved "Being outside without working on a case sounds nice"

They easily left the park, evading their paperwork as they did so as they headed towards the previously mentioned park "I had forgotten that the park's name was weird" Kaito breathed as they arrived. The park was called Lucky Bird, the name had been chosen by someone with poor English understanding and had yet to be changed "Hopefully it's name holds true"

"There was a murder here a while ago"

"..." Kaito was silent for a few moments "Every park has had a murder in it at one time so that doesn't count" Of course Shinichi would remember something like that. 

"That's true..." Shinichi frowned, not wanting to think about the subject any more. It was too disheartening.

"Yup" Kaito playfully nudged the other "So no more murder talk, ice cream awaits us" Murder talk just might attract a murder... Somehow. It was possible.

The sleuth cracked a smile at the other's antics "If you say so" He followed after Kaito as the magician skipped into the park. Kaito would easily locate the ice cream seller.

"I know so" Kaito chirped, tail wagging excitedly as he looked around, grinning when his sight set on the vendor. He hurried over, leaving Shinichi behind. He needed to check out what flavours there were for him to choose from.

"His love for ice cream is astounding" Shinichi sighed as he followed at a more sane pace. It wasn't like the ice cream was going to run away or anything. But Kaito was Kaito so it was hard to imagine the other not being excited about the frozen treat.

Me: Will a murder happen? Who knows~

Comment? ^-^

QAQ I love Yugioh Vrains so much... The plot, the character! >^< Yusaku~

You don't even need to care for the card game to enjoy the dark plot... Like seriously O.o I don't want to know how the dub butchered it to make it kid friendly

Psychological torture... Dismemberment, young child torture, suicide, death... Lots of death, kidnapping, attempted genocide(?)

Oh and the main characters are hackers so it's extra cool >~<

QAQ I almost cried at the end so a year later I'm rewatching it!

And reading all the fanfics that interest me ^-^