Facts About This Book + New Book

Kaito becomes something that he wishes he hadn't

Kaito becomes something that he wishes he hadn't. Viewing himself as a disgusting monster, he doesn't know what to do anymore. It's not like he needs to find Pandora, been there, done that. That was why he was like this in the first place. Maybe, he can't really remember.

He just doesn't want to kill anyone, again

Vampire Kaito

Prelude posted, Chapter 1 will be September 16 2021

1) I was tempted to give Kaito 4 kids just to be an absolute jerk, but kept it to 2 because 4 is a lot. It was very hard to keep it at 2 kids, so very hard. So I relented in giving them both Kaito's messy hair as a compromise.

2) The names Arashi and Yukina weren't really planned at all, I got to that point then blanked and just sat at my Chromebook using google translate to find good names. The snowstorm was planned, so it kinda helped with the names.

3) I had absolutely no idea how long this book would be, but I knew that the end would involve them in bed with Shinichi showing Kaito condoms. I just- I can totally see them forgetting to use them after not using them for so long, or ever. I just wish it didn't end on chapter 69 of all numbers.

4) I was tempted to have Kaito's second den be located under a wild rosebush. I eventually decided against it because apparently they're a menace to deal with according to the internet. Domestic roses would have probably have died without care so that's why I looked up Japanese wild rose, Rosa multiflora, ... It helped that it doesn't really look like a rose either.

5) Writing Kaito's 'wolfy' times was very fun, it was funny writing Kaito doing things that he wouldn't normally do

6) When I started the book, I wanted to at some point write Kaito being an ass by peeing on Saguru's shoes or something (as a wolf and not while the shoes were being worn) I couldn't though, because Saguru has been so good to them in this book.

7) Arashi and Yukina don't have wolf ears or tails in their human forms, I gave a plausible reason for this in the story... But the truth? I forgot to write them in until the chapter was done so I just shrugged and made up an excuse, a believable excuse

8) Some of you may be wondering why I didn't write a conclusion to the missing persons' cases. That was intentional, in real life things just don't align and the main characters aren't the only people capable of solving things.

9) This was the most lighthearted big story of mine as a whole so far (I think?) there were still dark parts, but it was definitely lighter. It was fun, I managed to resist doing some very terrible things to Kaito... My next story will probably the darkest one yet, possibly

10) While this isn't my favourite story, it was fun and interesting to write. Maybe the lack of angst is what's holding it back from being a favourite? Who knows? XP

I really do hope you enjoyed reading this story >~<