17. Sneaky Saguru

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 26 2020
Posted May 28 2020

"You're such an idiot..." Saguru whispered as he wiped sweaty bangs out of Kaito's face, the magician had yet to regain consciousness since he'd passed out. Kaito needed to regain enough consciousness to change back into his wolf form. As it was now, the magician was on strong fever reducers.

"What do you mean Saguru?" Did Kaito know that this would happen? Shinichi frowned, eyes burning at how Kaito was panting, the guy was obviously in a lot of pain. Ai had already done what she could for him.

The blond pursed his lips "In a way yes" He avoided the other's curious gaze "He was able to turn into a human, but now without turning out like this" Weak, and burning from the inside. He may need to call Akako for help if Kaito didn't regain consciousness soon. The red witch should be able to force the change.

Azure narrowed "Why didn't he tell me?" It kinda hurt that Kaito of all people had been keeping such an important secret from him. Was he not trustworthy enough?

Saguru clasped the other's shoulder reassuringly "How do you feel about Kaito?" He already knew the answer, but he wanted the sleuth to verbalize it.

A faint blush tinted Shinichi's cheeks "What does that have to do with anything?"

Gold gleamed "You're very dear to Kaito" He offered a soft smile "He didn't want to worry you"

Shinichi's blush darkened "He's very important to me too" His gaze flitted over towards Kaito to make sure that he wasn't awake. He didn't want the magician to listen in.

Saguru smiled "I've been aware of your feelings for Kaito for years now" At the sleuth's panicked expression he continued "Be rest assured, I never told him your feelings" It wouldn't have been right, even if watching the two circle around each other had often become annoying. Sometimes he'd even been tempted to shove the two into a closet together.

The sleuth spluttered, he hadn't been that obvious had he? But then he remembered how good Kaito was at reading people, he never said anything. Kaito must have been sparing his feelings by staying silent "With how good he is at reading people, he probably already knew..." His eyes burned at the thought, he really liked Kaito.

"Just admit that you love him" Shinichi blinked in surprise at the sudden swat to the head. Why was Saguru so intent on him voicing his feelings? Shouldn't he be focusing more on Kaito? Kaito was the one who was suffering for some reason.

Shinichi rubbed his head "There's no point..." He didn't want to ruin that they already had. It wasn't worth losing Kaito entirely.

Gold flickered towards the magician before he pulled out his phone "I'm going to call Koizumi-chan for some help"

"No..." Kaito panted, his vision was black "I can..." His voice died out as he shifted into his furred form. The relief from the heat was almost enough to make Kaito cry in relief. Everything hurt so much. He laid there gasping for air, eyes squeezed shut since he couldn't see anything anyways. He was so freaking tired, but the elation of waking up in time to hear Shinichi's roundabout confession was giving him a temporary boost. Shinichi loved him! If he had the energy, he'd have already tackled the sleuth. He could already feel himself slipping.

Shinichi was pale, horrified that Kaito might have overheard him. When had he woken up? Hopefully it had been after...

Saguru smiled, finally! He grabbed the frozen sleuth's arm "Kaito should be fine now" He breathed "We should give him some space" He began leading the shocked sleuth towards the library. The library should help calm him down, hopefully.

When they reached the library, Shinichi buried his face into his hands "Why did you do that?" Manipulate the conversation "What if it ruins things between us?" Kaito wasn't just his crush, he was also his best friend. He didn't want to lose his best friend.

"Shinichi calm down" The blond grabbed both of the sleuth's shoulders, giving the other a little shake "Your feelings are requited" He closed his eyes "They have been for years" Normally he'd let Kaito do the talking, but Shinichi looked to be on the verge of a panic attack. The guy was trembling.

Shinichi froze, jaw dropping a bit "What...?" Kaito liked him too?

Saguru smiled, leading Shinichi to his usual chair "It's true, he's hopelessly in love with you" He let go of the other once it looked like he'd stay put "To be honest, I sent him to you with the hope of one of you two slipping up and telling the other" He rubbed his head. At least Kaito's idiocy made Shinichi lower his guard enough for the blond to trick a confession out of him.

Azure lowered as the sleuth clasped his hands together "Why now?" His face was burning from his blush.

"Do you love Kaito enough to spend the rest of your life with him?" Gold softened when Shinichi's blush darkened.

"Of course" They'd technically lived together off and on whenever Kaito had the whim. Sometimes it had been days, others weeks, and occasionally it'd been months. He knew what he'd be getting into.

Saguru pursed his lips "Very well" He met the other's gaze "I'll tell you what we'd initially neglected to tell you in the beginning" He had faith in things working out between the two.

"So he needs?..." A dark blush dusted Shinichi's face as he looked away, he never would have imagined the solution to Kaito's canine problem.

"You to bed him, yes" Saguru nodded, gold gleaming "I initially offered to do so, but he backed out at the last second" He smirked at how the sleuth had bristled "He wanted you, and only you" Adding in some jealousy should help Shinichi make a move "We figured that it'd be fine since we're both the reason why neither of us are virgins" Oh that glare in Shinichi's eyes looked a bit too dangerous, he should clarify things "We were both curious, don't worry" He smiled "The attraction is pure physical, unlike what you two have" The two were in love.

Me: Saguru is being manipulative~

Hope you enjoyed~

What 'kid' anime show actually shocked you when you watched the sub version?

Yugioh did for me 0~0

Murder, genocide, blood, electric torture, impalement, guns, death... No wonder the original versions are rated 13+