66. Early

1032 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written July 18 2021
Posted August 12 2021

Pre-written... Um... *Scrambles to get working on the next story* I've got a bit written... °^° oh no, now I'm nervous

The rest of the day and the following ones passed by with little trouble. Now it was mid December and they'd discussed plans on returning to Beika for Christmas and the new year, that was still more than a week away though. The two of them were both dreading and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Shinichi glanced through the living room window to watch Kaito. The wolf was running around in the snow while he stayed snugly inside. It had snowed the other night so there were a few good centimetres of it already on the ground. More snow was also due if the weather forecast was to be believed, but Kaito had decided to take advantage of it since the snow wasn't expected to last long once it stopped snowing.

Watching the other run around was cute, especially since Kaito had been in a mood of sorts over the last three days. They'd barely exchanged a few words and Kaito had been spending most of his time out as a wolf, becoming very antsy whenever he stayed still for too long. Which in turn led to Kaito becoming overtired because he seemed to not be capable of staying still long enough to properly rest.

It was a bit concerning, but Shinichi knew that Kaito was at least eating enough since all the food he left outside kept getting eaten. He just chalked it all up to nerves, figuring that Kaito would eventually wear himself down enough to relax and if it wasn't nerves, it was probably Kaito just being all wolfy.

Meanwhile, as Shinichi watched, Kaito started to run another lap around the property. He felt both exhausted and buzzed, the urgent need to just do something was overwhelming. He didn't know what he needed to do, he just knew that being idle wasn't something that he wanted. He'd already made the property as perfect as he could get it, minus water for the pond of course, so there weren't any labour intensive tasks left for him to do. He'd even expanded his den a bit more and dug a trench around it to prevent flooding! Digging random holes was just stupid so he busied himself with running instead.

There were multiple patches of red in the snow, showing off all the places where he'd caught himself something to eat. It was weird, but he just kicked snow over the dirtied snow since blood would alarm his partner. Shinichi didn't have good experiences when it came to him spotting random patches of blood. Bad things usually happened when he did.

The wolf shook himself, sending snow flying from his pelt. Snow had started to fall again, slowly dusting him in white. He needed to move, run, do anything. Kaito froze mid step, ears perking. He needed his den. He bolted straight to his den, ignoring the rabbit that he ended up crossing paths with. Once he was inside, Kaito made himself comfortable, head steadily going foggy.

After not spotting Kaito for over an hour, Shinichi became confused. Had Kaito finally run himself down? Azure squinted through the window at the sky, the snow was starting to finally pick up. Maybe he should check on Kaito, just to make sure he won't get buried under the snow. The sleuth bookmarked his page then headed towards the door to get his winter clothes on, pausing right as he reached for a boot to check a text that he'd just got. It was from Saguru, telling him that he was on his way to visit and that Akako said that it'd be better for him to just wait until Kaito wasn't feral anymore.

Shinichi's eyes were wide as he finished reading the text, almost dropping his phone in shock. It was too early... There was supposed to be around two more weeks before Kaito gave birth. Azure narrowed in thought, Kaito's restlessness, his insistence on getting things done ahead of time... His instincts had been warning him! But since Kaito hadn't been born a werewolf, he must not have known what his instincts were trying to tell him. Poor Kaito, he must have felt so confused.

Knowing that he couldn't see Kaito just yet without risking death, Shinichi busied himself with collecting all the chocolate that he could find in the house. Kaito might need comfort food later, and the chocolate should ease the magician's nerves after having his consumption of it restricted.

When he had all the chocolate, Shinichi froze. What if feeding their kids naturally was too much for Kaito?! The dysphoria could be horrible if the high of having cute kids wasn't enough to counter the discomfort! Kaito's lack of form fitting clothes had been telling enough that he didn't like looking pregnant, actually feeding the kids might make him feel even more uncomfortable...They hadn't talked about how they'd feed their kids that since the start! He quickly called a cab and got dressed for the weather, he needed to buy formula. Better to have it and not need it than force Kaito to be uncomfortable as he waited for him to buy it.

Reaching the baby section of the store, Shinichi's brain decided that that was the time for him to freak out. They needed diapers? If they were to be bottle fed, they need to be turned into their human forms right? Baby clothes too? No... They were supposed to be much too small to fit into anything available for human babies. Gah! Shinichi ran an aggravated hand through his hair, they weren't prepared! He added the most expensive formula to the cart along with the most expensive bottles, it had to be good quality right? He tossed in a good amount of soft cloths, maybe Kaito could sew some clothes out of them. Now what else did he need to buy?

It was a good hour or so before Shinichi left the store with all of his purchase, hoping that he managed to think of everything that they'd need. Since he couldn't be there by Kaito's side, he needed to get everything ready. He'll probably make lots of food too, giving birth was a tiring task right? Kaito was bound to be hungry once he was himself again.

Me: Kaito is just calm via instincts, Shinichi is freaking out and also being thoughtful~ 

I'm not gonna write a birth scene =~= That's just weird

Comment? ^-^