6. Poor Kaito

1036 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

Written February 1 2020
Posted March 12 2020

Azure widened as the sleuth looked at the dog in shock, the dog had talked, using Kaito's voice "Please tell me that this is just a joke" He pleaded. He knew that magic was real thanks to both Pandora and Akako, but he really didn't like dealing with it.

Kaito snorted "Your reaction was better than Saguru's" He tilted his head, giving Shinichi a wolfish grin "He accused me of using a dog to trick him"

Shinichi groaned, burying his face in his hands "What the hell did you do now?" Why did Kaito have to get into trouble so often?

Indigos narrowed as Kaito let out a huff "I did nothing" Why did people always assume that he was guilty whenever something bad happened to him? "I was just in the right place at the wrong time" He didn't get into trouble that often.

"Wait, so you didn't piss off both Saguru and Akako?" Then how did Kaito turn into a dog in the first place?

Kaito shook his head "According to Akako, I was apparently attacked by a werewolf" At Shinichi's concerned gaze he quickly continued "But my injuries healed before I even woke up"

Shinichi pursed his lips, still looking concerned "Since you're here, that means that there's something stopping you from turning back..."

"It is commonly believed that werewolves can change between human form and beast form" Both males jumped, spinning around to see Ai. The scientist had forgone taking the antidote years ago and had instead decided to grow up as Ai. She peered at the plate, unimpressed "So Kudo has already attempted to dispose of you already Kuroba?"

The sleuth spluttered, face going red "I just wanted to feed him!" He wasn't good with pets okay? He wasn't even good with plants either. It's not his fault.

Kaito nodded his head "I had to reveal myself early out of fear" His voice was mournful "I'm sure that he would have eventually killed me otherwise"

Ai smirked "You should have known better dog boy" Kaito's ear twitched in annoyance at the name "Kudo was the worst person you could have decided to stay with"

"I tried going to Saguru first" Indigos narrowed "But then he gave me to Shinichi for some reason" There was no way that he was going to tell them why.

That kinda hurt "You don't have to stay here you know" It'd sounded like Kaito hadn't wanted to be with him.

The scientist smirked "No, dog boy should stay here" Her eyes gleamed "It will help Shinichi learn to take care of himself" And maybe make the oblivious fools realize that their feelings are reciprocated.

"Saguru had the idea that I could act like a police dog in training and follow you around" He lowered his gaze "At least until we find a way to fix this"

Ai's smirk turned wicked "If you do that, then you should probably go to the vet"

Kaito shook his head "What? No!" He would not go to the vet like he was a real dog!

"Why would Kaito need to go to the vet?" Shinichi frowned "He seems healthy enough"

"He needs his shots so that he doesn't catch anything from the other dogs" Kaito's ears flattened, she had a point "And he needs to be microchipped"

"I'm not getting microchipped!" Kaito spat, appalled at the very idea. He liked his privacy very much!

Ai rolled her eyes "It would prevent people from trying to steal you" She waved a hand towards him "You're coat is quite pretty and breeders may try to take you, especially since your eyes are unique" She shrugged "And the shots would be mandatory since there's a high chance of you biting someone in the future"

"Eww gross, why would I bite someone?" He didn't want any part of someone in his mouth.

She pointed at Shinichi "You'll be following this trouble magnet, problems are bound to arise"

Shinichi grimaced, she had a point. He did get into a lot of trouble "The microchip won't be able to be tracked" It would only help in identifying him when scanned.

Kaito let out a small growl "But I'm technically a wolf right now, wolves can't be pets" A vet would surely identify him as a wolf.

"Kudo's reputation will prevent any problems so long as we say that you're just a quarter wolf and three quarters dog" Ai shrugged "We just need to fake the papers"

The wolf let out a sigh, why were they making so much sense?

Azure gleamed "We're also going to have to get you a proper collar and leash so that nobody complains. Kaito was a medium wolf, but could be intimidating if one didn't know who he was.

Kaito's tail drooped, he didn't want to be collared, or wear a leash "Maybe I should just stay here the whole time" It would be humiliating having to follow Shinichi everywhere on a leash.

Shinichi gave him an incredulous look "You'd go stir crazy and end up destroying my house" Kaito did not do well all cooped up. At the other's silence he let out a sigh "You'll only have to wear the leash until people get used to you" He was well known enough that it shouldn't take long for people to learn that his 'new' companion was friendly.

"You're going to force me anyways..." He pouted, lowering his head to rest on his paws.

"True" Ai stated.

"Haibara!" Shinichi scolded, she could have at least softened the blow a little. He glanced at Kaito, feeling guilty at how miserable he looked right now. He knelt down next to him "I'll only treat you like a dog when I have to" He offered a small smile "I know that you're still a human under all that fluff"

Kaito let out a small giggle at the silly wording "Fine, but I get to choose the colour and type" If he had to wear a collar, he might as well look fashionable.

Shinichi snorted, at least he'd managed to lift the other's spirits a bit. Kaito just wasn't the same when he was upset. His gaze softened as he gave the wolf a few good scratches around the ear, hopefully he could be himself again soon. He knew how much it sucked to be in a body that wasn't truly your own.

Me: Kaito is not having a good day... At least he doesn't have to worry about Shinichi poisoning him anymore~

Hope you enjoyed~

And no, he won't be captured by dog breeders XD just stating that in case you guys got a little worried