3. Offer

1011 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 4 2020
Posted February 24 2020

Extra chappy because I wrote many oneshots recently... Well a 4 parter multishot and others...

So I'll neglect writing for that book to make up for hurting this book's stockpile...

"Dear lord" Saguru breathed "I must be hallucinating" There was no way that the wolfish dog was talking, and Kaito couldn't possibly be said talking dog. Animals didn't talk, and more importantly, Kaito was a human.

Kaito snickered, letting his paws fall to the ground "No, I was just bitten by a werewolf" He gave a wolfish grin "You're still completely sane, unfortunately" Seeing the other so freaked out was making him feel a bit better about his situation. Messing with Saguru almost always brightened his mood.

Saguru grimaced, he'd never been fond of real magic talk. He knelt down next to the wolf, looking into those familiar indigo eyes. It truly was Kaito. Neither dogs nor wolves were capable of having eyes that exact shade of indigo. Gold narrowed with worry at the realization "Why are you here instead of at Koizumi-chan's?" Wouldn't going to the red witch be a better choice of actions?

The wolf lowered his head, leaning a bit against the blond "Akako can't break the curse" His voice was a soft whine "I'm stuck like this for now" He refused to think of his situation as permanent, there had to be a different way to fix this.

Gold softened at Kaito's tone, the magician was his best friend so he hated it when he sounded like that "Baaya must have already agreed to you staying here"

Indigos brightened "Yup, she doesn't have a problem with it since I'm not a real animal" He wouldn't tear things apart when bored, and he was planning to use the toilet. He was good at balancing, and having others scoop his poop would be mortifying.

Saguru curiously ran a hand through Kaito's fur, pleased to find that it was quite soft "Is there any way for you to regain human form?" The stories always told of shape shifting after all.

Kaito was silent for a few moments as he contemplated whether or not he would tell the other, eventually he let out a weary breath before telling Saguru what he knew. He might as well tell the truth, it's not like anything could be done about it.

The blond gave Kaito a small sympathetic smile after hearing Kaito's explanation "I see, so you'll be bound with the first person you bed" He would have felt guilty since he himself was the reason that the binding would occur, but that would have been stupid. This outcome was one that couldn't possibly have been thought about.

"Yeah" Kaito gave a small nod, laying down on the floor "And I'll burn up from a perpetual fever if I try to become human without getting laid" He snorted "What a weird way to go, death by lack of sex" His life couldn't possibly get any weirder.

Saguru couldn't help but smile at that, it did sound preposterous "Do you have anyone in mind?" He'd seen the way Kaito and Shinichi looked at each other "Maybe Shinichi?"

The wolf sprang to his paws, ears pressed flat against his head, pelt burning "First Akako, and now you" He huffed, he hadn't been that obvious had he? "We're just friends" He wanted to be more, but he couldn't woo the other as a wolf. Plus, what if it didn't work out? He'd rather stay as friends than risk losing their friendship.

The blond smirked "But you obviously want to be more than friends with him" The two worked together perfectly.

Kaito let out an annoyed growl, wishing that he had fingers, then he could dye the other's hair a nice pretty shade of pink "I'm not going to use my situation to get to Shinichi" He huffed, Shinichi was awesome, and may actually offer to help. It was too embarrassing for him to even think of that possibility.

Saguru let out a sigh at his friend's stubbornness, Kaito's mind was made up. It would take a miracle to change his mind "So you're okay with being stuck as a wolf?" Wolves couldn't do as much as humans, Kaito was likely to grow bored, then eventually depressed.

Indigos dimmed "I don't see myself having much of a choice" He wouldn't trap Shinichi into a relationship.

The blond closed his eyes, he had an idea, but he wasn't sure if the other would agree "We both know that I have no desire to find a partner right?" Kaito cocked his head to the side in confusion "What if I bed you? And then we go on as normal except for me only bedding you when required?" He didn't love Kaito like that, but the other was dear to him. He didn't want to watch his best friend spend the rest of his life as a wolf. Kaito was also aesthetically pleasing enough that he wouldn't mind sleeping with him "The curse would be broken, and I'm sure that Shinichi would understand your situation when you guys do get together" The sleuth would at the very least not blame Kaito.

Indigos widened as the wolf spluttered "I can't believe you just said that" He muttered, not believing that Saguru would allow himself to be used like that "I can't use you" He denied "You're my friend" The problem wasn't sex, they were comfortable enough with each other that sex would be fine. He just didn't want to use him.

Gold softened "You're my best friend, I could think of worse people to have recurring one night stands with" He smirked "Plus your body is pleasing to the eye" Kaito was nice eye candy, but he did not want to be in a romantic relationship with him.

Kaito snorted, having already known that Saguru was physically attracted to him "Maybe I had the roles of who was being used backwards" He joked, knowing that Saguru would never touch him like that due to just physical attraction. Saguru must be truly worried for his future. Kaito nuzzled the other's shoulder "You're a good friend" His ears flattened a bit "Do you really think that Shinichi would understand?" Worried indigos met gold.

"He would after receiving an explanation and proof" It also helped that the sleuth trusted him.

Me: This is a Shinkai book, I didn't mess up the labels~

Kaito's relationship with Saguru is strong enough that sex wouldn't make things awkward between them. Physical attraction is present, but not emotional besides friendship.

Do not do with zee worrying~