24. Decisions, Thoughts

1022 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written June 10 2020
Posted July 23 2020
NEXT UPDATE August 6 2020

❗️I've decided that the last update day of each month will not have updates for the MK/DC fandom❗️❗️

Shinichi looked at Kaito with wide eyes before azure softened. He took the other's hand in his own and gave it a small squeeze "I'm sure there is" He breathed, upset but at the same time realizing that the magician was panicked "It's your body, and none of us would think less of you if you chose to get rid of it" The sleuth turned towards Akako "There are ways to help Kaito right?"

The witch nodded, an unreadable expression on her face "There is" She admitted. Akako was silent for a few moments before continuing "You have little less than a month before taking action would be considered inhumane" She pursed her lips "31 days after conception is the time limit you have" She clarified since many months had different amounts of days within them.

"Okay..." Kaito nodded, feeling a bit numb, he hadn't run out of time.

Shinichi frowned "Kaito" Indigos looked up to meet azure "I know that you're freaking out right now" He gave his hand another squeeze "And we both know that you're often prone to rash decisions when you're like this right?" At the tiny nod he received he continued "Do you think that you'll be able to wait 2 weeks before making your decision?" Azure softened "If you really can't that's fine, but I don't want you to end up regretting any hasty decisions"

Seeing the sleuth's words to be reasonable, Saguru decided to add in what he thought "There would still be enough time to choose not to have the child" He agreed softly.

The magician blinked, eyes watering a bit. Two weeks, that wasn't too long, but it also would give him a chance to calm down. Kaito swallowed "I'll wait then" He trusted his friends enough to figure that they had a good point. He glanced towards Akako, indigos weary "What's the length of gestation anyways?" It couldn't be the same as humans could it?

Akako's red eyes softened at how tired the magician suddenly seemed "It's not as long as a human, but thankfully it's longer than the gestation period of a wolf" Which was approximately 60-75 days the last time she'd checked "It's around 5 months since the offspring will be much smaller" She was pretty sure if it was the same as a wolf's gestation then the magician wouldn't have even considered keeping the child since it wouldn't have been enough time.

Kaito bit his lip, indigos lowering. Five months, that meant four months after the point of no take backs... "It's so short" So soon, way too soon. He suddenly grimaced "How do I even have it?" Last time he'd checked, he didn't have the equipment to actually give birth, and Shinichi hadn't said anything when they'd been together.

Saguru blinked, that was actually a good question now that he thought about it.

The witch smiled "It's like how your penis releases both urine and semen" Akako's eyes gleamed at how red the males' faces went "There's a separate channel that opens during copulation or in labor" She smirked "During labour the birthing channel will overtake your rectum so the child won't come into contact with any faeces" The unsaid downside was that the magician wouldn't be physically able to use the washroom besides urination until said child was born.

"That's good right?" Shinichi turned towards Kaito "That means that you won't need to be cut open if this happens"

Kaito gave a small nod "I guess..." Not being cut open sounded like a good thing at least.

The blond eyed the two for a few moments after glancing at his pocket watch "It's getting quite late" He breathed, offering a small smile "Why don't the three of us go and order something to eat at Shinichi's house?" The magician was still visibly distressed, but hopefully food could help at least a little bit.

Azure gleamed, giving Kaito's hand another squeeze "We could order dessert tonight, and extra for you to eat tomorrow" He tilted his head in thought "Maybe we could order one of those crazy chocolate dessert pizzas just for you" In addition to their real food of course.

The magician blinked "You never let me order that though" At least when he was with either of the detectives.

Shinichi's lips quirked upwards "Well tonight, I'll let you so long as you eat two slices of normal pizza first" He never usually let Kaito get it with him because the magician often wanted it to be his only food. At least if he ate some proper pizza first, that would leave less room for Kaito to fill himself up on sugar.

Saguru was now sincerely glad that he'd vetoed out his own house for them to eat at. Yes Baaya didn't mind cleaning up, and the magician was more considerate around the old housekeeper, but that didn't mean that Kaito wasn't a handful when on lots of sugar "I'll phone the taxi" Baaya didn't have to drive him everywhere after all.

"Kudo-kun" The sleuth blinked at the vial that Akako was suddenly holding out to him "This will terminate the pregnancy before the time is up" It felt like a better idea for the sleuth to hold it instead of the magician "It will still work afterwards, though it's not recommended" It wouldn't be as ethical but sometimes complication could come up.

Azure softened "Thank you Akako" He gently took the vial and slipped it into his pocket, making sure that it couldn't fall out. He didn't want to give it to Kaito, but he would if it was requested while the magician wasn't freaking out.

Kaito resisted the temptation to snatch it in favour of trusting that the other would give it to him after at least two weeks have passed "Chocolate pizza" He breathed, forcing himself to think about something besides the vial.

Saguru smiled "Yes" He agreed "You're going to eat some chocolate pizza tonight" Maybe he'd cut off a piece for himself to try. Not a whole slice though, just a piece since the pizza was going to be for Kaito.

The magician offered a small smile "I'm glad that chocolate won't kill me anymore" Indigos were weary, but he was trying.

Me: So Kaito is going to try to calm down before making his decision~

I've seen chocolate pizzas before, they seem weird so I've never actually eaten one before XP I'd rather pay for proper nutrition than get a treat I may not even like

Hope you enjoyed zee chappy~

I froze a loaf's worth of grilled cheese and a whole loaf of french toast (both cooked of course) recently

ò~ó cheap frozen meals that require few dishes due to bulk...

Good for when I'm lazy~

... but now I have no bread >^> ... hmm