58. Stroll

1021 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 5 2021
Posted June 3 2021

Berry got vaccinated~ yay >~<!!

Kaito quickly obtained his desired treat before hopping back to Shinichi, meeting him halfway "I got you lemon toffee" The magician grinned, if he wasn't getting chocolate then Shinichi wasn't going to get coffee flavoured ice cream. His own choice was strawberry swirl.

Azure narrowed, a small smile tugging at Shinichi's lips as he accepted the ice cream "Thanks" He liked lemon, and Kaito could have been a jerk instead and get him something too sweet instead "It's a nice change I guess" It wasn't his favourite, but it would do.

The two males decided to walk along a nature trail as they ate instead of sitting on a bench or under a tree. That way they'd be able to talk more openly and maybe see some wild animals if they were lucky. Thankfully it wasn't hot enough to really make the ice cream melt fast so it wasn't too messy.

"This is nice" Kaito smiled, tail wagging happily as he walked beside Shinichi. Their free hands were clasped together.

The sleuth smiled at how happy Kaito seemed "You've become more fond of the outdoors ever since you got bit" Sure Kaito hadn't disliked outdoorsy stuff, but he certainly hadn't been as fond of it as he was now. Becoming a werewolf had changed Kaito in more than just appearance, but he was glad that it hadn't changed Kaito into someone who wasn't Kaito.

Kaito's cheeks tinted "Some things are okay to just give in to, it's better than chasing things"

Shinichi blinked "You've been going against some instincts?" Now he was curious to know which ones Kaito was fighting against.

With a small nod Kaito replied "Of course, some things aren't really socially acceptable you know, even for me" Being seen as weird had its limits.

"Oh? Now I'm curious"

"Well..." Kaito flushed "I often want to scent things... Especially you to mark my territory to keep people away" Being territorial wasn't good when it came to people so he'd been refraining from doing so, for the most part. He was around Shinichi often enough to make the sleuth smell like him anyways.

"I'm fine as long as it doesn't involve peeing on me" That was... Gross.

Kaito spluttered "I don't want to pee on you!" Oh god, if his hands weren't occupied he'd be burying his face in them "Nuzzling and just being physically affectionate with you does the job well enough"

Shinichi stifled a laugh "I figured" He'd just wanted to see Kaito's embarrassed face.

"Jerk" Kaito elbowed the sleuth in the gut.

"I'm sorry" Shinichi laughed "Anyways is there more?"

"I'm not sure if I want to tell you" Kaito huffed, looking away. Their hands were still connected despite his words.

"I won't tease you" The sleuth offered.

Kaito eyed Shinichi from the corner of his vision "I really really want to eat raw meat, hunting it myself. I want to eat it even when I'm not a wolf" The warm blood as it rushes against his tongue as he takes a bite... He'd grown fond of it during his time staking out the warehouse "It's hard not running after squirrels and what not" He also wanted to have Shinichi eat it with him... Which was a big 'NO' since they weren't even the same species so the sleuth wouldn't want to and would even get sick.

"So you want to hunt and eat your catch" Shinichi stated, waiting for clarification in case he was wrong.

"Basically" Kaito looked away "And I want to share it with you because your mine" Shinichi was the only one he would be with, the only one he could be with.

"Oh" Shinichi blinked "From your reaction is it safe to guess that you mean uncooked?" He didn't know what to think about that.

"Yes" Kaito grimaced "But that's just my stupid instincts, please don't do that for my sake" It would make him feel horrible.

"I wasn't planning to" Shinichi was grimacing as well "But it's fine that you sometimes feel like that" It was Kaito's werewolf instincts, now if Kaito had been a normal human, then he would have had a problem with him thinking like that "Just know that I won't appease your instincts unless I'm comfortable doing it so it's fine for you to share your thoughts when they come up" Azure softened "I won't eat raw meat but I'll cook it if it's edible" A compromise.

"It's probably pregnancy hormones" Kaito muttered "I want to have my family safe and fed well" And Shinichi was his family. He wanted to take care of Shinichi to the best of his ability.

Shinichi smiled "I want the same for you" Excluding the feeding his partner raw meat part. He eyed Kaito "You haven't eaten much today, you're probably starving" At the mention of food, Kaito's stomach rumbled, earning a blush from the magician "Go hunt something for yourself, I'll wait. I just won't kiss you until after you brush your teeth" Indigos lit up, a second later Kaito shifted and was gone. Shinichi blinked, Kaito's wolf form was a bit pudgy... He wanted to touch the other's stomach in that form. It was visible proof that they were going to have a family together... Was it weird that he was a little sad that Kaito's normal form wasn't showing?

Shaking his head, Shinichi sat down on a root that was shaped like the textbook root for tripping people who were running away from danger. He didn't know how long Kaito would be hunting so he might as well sit. The sleuth looked around, being alone in the woods without a crime felt weird to him. Weird, but nice. The odds of someone he knew finding him here were slim. Shinichi's lips quirked up into a small smile, maybe Kaito had the right idea about being fond of the woods.

They'd left the trail a while ago in favour of going off course, because that was the sort of thing Kaito would do. So the area was more untouched and secluded. Shinichi liked it, maybe they could look at getting a house in the woods somewhere? Having a secret retreat sounded nice, and maybe they could care for their children more easily that way.

Me: So Kaito is being wolfy and Shinichi is okay with it~

Hope you enjoyed~

I've never cut myself with scissors before 0.0... until recently. So I'm used to very dull blades... XD

My fancy scissors are sharp >^< sliced flesh of palm near thumb deep O.o so much blood

Thankfully it was during the final cut

Then... I reopened it carrying something heavy for my mom that she bought

QAQ My hand was contaminated so I couldn't lick up the blood

It was also awkward to carry item since pulled skin opened injury, didn't want to actually touch injury to dirty item 0.0