10. Unknown

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡
~Yay 10k Words~
☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Written February 9 2020
Posted April 9 2020

Kaito licked his lips as they arrived at the crime scene, savouring the aftertaste of the lettuce, cucumber, and chicken sandwiches that he'd eaten. They'd been a little dry without butter or any sort of condiment, but they'd sated his hunger. He'd also made sure that Shinichi had at least eaten a toasted bagel with cream cheese before they'd left the little cafe they'd visited. Since he was going to be stuck with the sleuth, he might as well make sure that Shinichi took proper care of himself.

"Ah Kudo-kun" Megure greeted, relieved to see the young detective. His gaze then moved towards Kaito "And Kai?" He almost hadn't believed Takagi when he'd been told about the sleuth's new tag-along. Shinichi wasn't known to be good with pets.

Kaito rolled his eyes at the looks he was getting, hopefully they wouldn't have enough time to get used to his presence.

"What do we know so far?" Shinichi inquired as he unclipped the leash from Kaito's collar before heading over towards the obviously dead body. They were currently in a remote warehouse that appeared to be in disuse.

Megure turned away from Kaito "Not much, except that the body was found abandoned here earlier this morning" He grimaced "The face is destroyed, and so are the finger and toe prints"

Shinichi nodded, examining the area. That meant that the victim was unknown, his gaze narrowed, there was very little blood spilt around the corpse in contrast to the body's bloody clothes. That meant that the murder hadn't occurred here, he glanced back at the inspector "Who was the one to find the body?" There were no visible wounds that could explain the blood, so it may belong to the Killer. The marks around her neck signified strangulation had occurred before. death

The inspector shook his head with a sigh "An anonymous tip was given to the police, the person was scared because usually the person who found the body becomes a suspect"

The sleuth winced, that was often the case, especially when Ran's father was involved "That's unfortunate..." There were no suspects, the victim hadn't been identified yet, and this wasn't even the location where the murder had taken place "Any cameras?" Megure shook his head "We should look around for any more traces of someone coming and going" It would be hard since there were a few officers here "Log everyone's footwear so that we can rule out any traces left by them" Tracking the wrong pair of footprints would get them nowhere.

By this point, Kaito had opted to have a look around on his own. If he found anything, he could just bark to get Shinichi's attention. The sleuth was smart enough to figure things out once notified.

The wolf inwardly grimaced as he explored the warehouse, it was completely unkept and filthy. Maybe he'd get Shinichi to purchase some of those doggy shoes that he's seen on YouTube videos before. The videos were often funny since the animals often walked funny or just gave up and fell over. He knew better, so he wouldn't react similarly to the animals in those videos. Wearing weird shoes would be better than tracking dirt everywhere he went, and would provide one less excuse for people to deny his presence at crimes. He'd just make sure that the shoes aren't flashy since they'd probably look weird.

A few hours later had the sleuth and wolf heading back towards the Kudo mansion. Neither of them had been able to find any clues, which meant that they'd have to wait until the victim was identified "Stop pouting" Kaito breathed, giving Shinichi a nudge as they walked up to the front door "There was absolutely nothing that you could have done" The lack of evidence and just information in general had been disheartening.

"I'm not pouting" Shinichi denied as he unlocked the door, holding it open for Kaito. Normally Kaito was the one to unlock the door, even though he didn't have a key. The magician often did it to irk the sleuth.

"You are" Indigos gleamed in amusement as Kaito entered and wiped his paws on the front rug "You're making the face that you always make when things don't go your way" He teased.

Azure narrowed, a very faint blush tinting his cheeks "I'm not pouting" He closed the door "I'm just frustrated that the killer is still out there" What if they killed someone else?

"You'll catch them eventually" Indigos softened "You always do" Shinichi was the best detective that he's ever met, he trusted the sleuth's skills.

Shinichi let out a soft sigh "Megure-keibu said that he'd call me as soon as the victim was identified" Azure darkened, hopefully it would be soon. The woman's family deserved to know so that they could have closure.

"Then there's nothing we can do until then" The wolf gave a little sniff to the air "I think Ran-chan stocked your kitchen while we were gone" He could smell new food smells "We should eat lunch" He glanced at a wall clock, it was a little past 1PM.

The sleuth raised a brow "How much better is your sense of smell?"  He couldn't smell anything different from when they left.

Indigos narrowed as he gave another sniff "As good as a wolf's?" Things just smelt stronger to him than before.

"It's probably too late for you to sniff the body..." It had been removed from the scene. He glanced down at Kaito "Did anything smell off at the warehouse?"

Kaito was suddenly glad that he hadn't mentioned his enhanced sense of smell until now. He wasn't fond of the idea of him sniffing dead bodies, they already smelt bad enough as it was "I'm not sure, I haven't been there before" Nothing really stood out apart from the dust. So that meant that there hadn't been any suspicious amounts of chemicals and substances that Kaito was familiar with, which would have crossed out a good amount of potential leads, if the body hadn't been placed there. Since it had been planted there, it only meant that the killer had been careful, which was dangerous.

Me: This was interesting to write~

Hope you enjoyed~

•~• .... Woof imagine shinichi tricking Kaito into sniffing certain drugs figuring that he'd be fine, but in reality Kaito gets high...

Was tempted to add that into the book, but that would be promoting bad drugs >^> berry is anti-drug unless it's prescription and used as instructed